• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

who is the best hitter??????

twctopcat

International Regular
C_C said:
forgot the boxing part.....yea then i'd back freddie as well....
but what has height or size gotto do with how you fight ?
you guys ever been in a streetfight ? Size is irrelevant there.
:D :D
Didn't realise afridi was an 8th dan! And yes i(being 6ft) have had my fair share of hobbits in my time :p .

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
twctopcat said:
If you want to take your view from one pic where freddy is leaning into his ear then so be it! I've seen them from about 20yds and they are indeed pretty much eye to eye!
He's leaning about half a degree forward and his head a little more. Look at where their waists are, Freddy is a good 2-3 inches shorter than Harmy.

I should probably point out the last sentence is referring to their respective heights.

Last edited:

cricket player

International Debutant
Scaly piscine said:
He's leaning about half a degree forward and his head a little more. Look at where their waists are, Freddy is a good 2-3 inches shorter than Harmy.

I should probably point out the last sentence is referring to their respective heights.
man you guys does'nt know about pathan's if you guy's know what i am talking about' pathan people are really strong'(pathan is people who speaks pashto and it is part of afghanistan and pakistan) afridi is pathan and if you get slapped by afridi in the jaw you will be killed' And yes afridi can beat freddie" he can take him down just like when he take's down the ball"

afridi rockssssssssssssssssss

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
cricket player said:
man you guys does'nt know about pathan's if you guy's know what i am talking about' pathan people are really strong'(pathan is people who speaks pashto and it is part of afghanistan and pakistan) afridi is pathan and if you get slapped by afridi in the jaw you will be killed' And yes afridi can beat freddie" he can take him down just like when he take's down the ball"

Hmm, has to be one of the strangest posts i've seen in my time here!

C_C

International Captain
well i've been in quiete a few streetfights before(lived in a bad neighbourhood)...and i'll tell ya one thing......even if i'd never seen afridi or freddie before in my life and they both wanted to brawl, i would fight freddie anyday over afridi.
From my experience, midgets apart, 'freddie type' guys- the big bullnecked ones with a fair share of flab are the worst fighters........ afridi types are the last that i would fight.......the 5-10/6 feet-ish guys with a lean-n-mean physique are the hardest to take down.

twctopcat

International Regular
C_C said:
well i've been in quiete a few streetfights before(lived in a bad neighbourhood)...and i'll tell ya one thing......even if i'd never seen afridi or freddie before in my life and they both wanted to brawl, i would fight freddie anyday over afridi.
From my experience, midgets apart, 'freddie type' guys- the big bullnecked ones with a fair share of flab are the worst fighters........ afridi types are the last that i would fight.......the 5-10/6 feet-ish guys with a lean-n-mean physique are the hardest to take down.
The older bigger they are the harder they fall gag? I know what you mean, plenty of big guys have no chin cause no one has the balls to fight them but i would only fear afridi coz hes the sort to pull a knife of have a broken bottle stashed away somewhere!

twctopcat

International Regular
Scaly piscine said:

Waists i.e trouser lines?? Thats not entirely conclusive. Anyway studying in depth 1 picture is a bit pedantic if you ask me.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Barney Rubble said:
However, when Ricky Ponting really nails one he can hit it pretty damn hard - seeing him send one soaring over my head and into the River Trent in a tour match at Taunton in 2001 is something I won't forget in a hurry.
Eh? Don't you mean the River Tone? :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
I doubt Flintoff is quite as big as 6' 5" but he does hit the ball harder than anyone, although 6s from Harmison tend to go a fair few rows back...
And with Harmo its also extremely funny!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
cricket player said:

Engage brain before posting. Then, after posting, read what you've posted.

Then delete. Then post something intelligible.

cricket player

International Debutant
C_C said:
i have got in a fight 6 time's' out of 6 fight's one of them were with a fat big tall guy' he weighted around 180 pound's' and believe me i knocked him out really bad' size does'nt matter what so ever' It is the power that matter's i weight around 135 height 5'9 and 16 year's old'
But i think i am puddy much strong" And i can hit the ball really hard just like freddie and afridi' as i have mentioned this before afridi is stronger then freddie' And i also agree with C C afridi will be the last person that i fight with'
afridi rocksssssssss'