• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

biased indian

International Coach
1.You played more than 40 test matches? NO
2.You played more than 20 test matches? YES
3.Is the feat performed on the cricket field? YES
4.If yes, is it something you are proud of? YES
5.Did you make your debut after 1970? YES
6.Is it a bowling feat? YES
7.Is it an innings feat (as against a match or series feat)? YES
8.Did you make your debut after 1990? Yes
9.Have you played more than 30 test matches ? YES
10.Are you still playing Test Cricket? NO
11.Is the feat performed in Test matches? YES

Clue: A total of 21 bowlers have done this feat

12.Do you play for one of the white countries (England, Australia, NZland)? NO
13.Have you got 100 or more test wickets? YES
14.A South African ? NO
15. Ian Bishop? NO
16.From the subcontinent? NO

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
17. Dillon?

Edit: If I knew you would consider Ian Bishop as a question after going through the discussion that followed, I would have deleted it earlier... :)

biased indian

International Coach

14.A South African ? NO
15. Ian Bishop? NO
17. Dillon? NO

biased indian

International Coach
17. Dillon?

Edit: If I knew you would consider Ian Bishop as a question after going through the discussion that followed, I would have deleted it earlier... :)
i just put it first and then only saw the other so thought will put it there..since any way u people have the man ..only the feat is to be found :laugh:

archie mac

International Coach
but i still dont know Why did Chappell call him a cheat? ????
Without searching through the book (but I can if you want to know the details:happy: )

In a game in India (from memory), Jordan was standing up to the stumps, the bowler bowled hit the pads of Jordan and then the ball richocet (spelling) into the stumps and Jordan appealed even though he knew what had happened. He told the Aussies off the field

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
...wizard indian off spinner Prasanna was facing the bowling of Alan Connolly and....Ray jordon was standing up to the stumps...Prasanna... appeared to miss a ball from Connolly and his off stump was knocked forward. Prasanna was non-plussed. He was convinced the ball had missed his stumps, but Jordon appealed loudly. Ian Chappell was at close quarters and suspected foul play: "The umpire never gave Pras out - he eventually walked because, Doug Walters told him afterwards, Jordon had kept telling him,'Piss off, you're out mate'"

The consensus was the ball had missed Prasanna's stumps and rebounded off Prasanna's pads to break the wicket. Afternoon tea was taken soon after Prasanna's dismissal and Chappell sat in the corner of that Bangalore dressing-room, seething. "It was all boiling inside of me and after about ten minutes, I couldn't help myself. I just erupted, 'Listen you ****, if you are going to cheat blokes out. . . we are playing for Australia. We don't have to cheat blokes to win. If we have got to be cheating fellas out we shouldn't be playing for Australia.' "

This dismissal was reminiscent of an earlier incident in the 1967-68 Seffield Shield final match against Victoria, again with Jordon standing up the stumps tp Alan Connolly, when South Australian wicket-keeper Barry Jarman was seemingly dismissed this way.

Ian Chappell is still convinced that Jordon dismissed Prasanna by foul means that day in India.

I asked Doug Walters, an honorable person and cricketer, who was fielding square at the wicket at point and had a good view and he told me the ball bounced off Jordon's pads onto the stumps. In the dressing room exchange with Bill Lawry (who played for Victoria with Jordon), Walters said, " Everyone knows Slug's a cheat!"

I was watching in the stand, side on to the action, when the incident occurred......I could not see the flight of the ball after it passed Prasanna's pads but I did see the leg stump fall forward. That seemed odd. Usually when a ball hits the wicket a stump tends to fall in the opposite direction.

The ball had flown to fine leg, Jordon's arms were outstretched in appeal and Prasanna stood shaking his head in astonishment. .... we couldn't see from the pavilion, yet even from that distance, those of us in the stand thought something was very wrong out there​
Ashley Mallett writing in Chappelli Hits Out

biased indian

International Coach

14.A South African ? NO
15. Ian Bishop? NO
17. Dillon? NO
Every one gave up...i didnt get the feat yet also the player..since no body named hin :)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Pedro Collins...Now give the feat so that I can post the next question...

Edit: Wait a minute...seems like I might get it...

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
He dismissed the same batsman (Bangladesh' Hannan Sarkar) in the first ball of two successive test matches...Both were lbw dismissals... ...And also he dismissed the same batsman once again in the first ball of an inning (this time bowled though)...You have to give me this even if this not the answer you thought of :)

Edit: And also this happened 23 times in history, not 21...

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
He dismissed the same batsman (Bangladesh' Hannan Sarkar) in the first ball of two successive test matches...Both were lbw dismissals... ...And also he dismissed the same batsman once again in the first ball of an inning (this time bowled though)...You have to give me this even if this not the answer you thought of :)

Edit: And also this happened 23 times in history, not 21...
He has dismissed most number of batsmen in the first ball of a match....fair enough u get it

i said 21 bowlers..this feat actully happened 26 time with pedro doing it 3 times and 3 other including kapil doing it twice.....:)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
We are/were two players. We have/had/have done/have performed 2 things in common in test cricket which no third player has done/performed/achieved in test cricket; one among them is statistical, the other (which is more interesting) is not statistical. Who are we and what are those 2 things/achievements/performances?

bagapath

International Captain
1. is the non statistical thing winning a knighthood? or dating/marrying a beauty pageant winnner? or having affairs with indian film actresses?

2. did you both play for the same team?

archie mac

International Coach
We are/were two players. We have/had/have done/have performed 2 things in common in test cricket which no third player has done/performed/achieved in test cricket; one among them is statistical, the other (which is more interesting) is not statistical. Who are we and what are those 2 things/achievements/performances?
Are they from the same era?

Are they from the same country?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
He has dismissed most number of batsmen in the first ball of a match....fair enough u get it

i said 21 bowlers..this feat actully happened 26 time with pedro doing it 3 times and 3 other including kapil doing it twice.....:)
Very unfair

Getting a batsman out on the first ball of a test match was the first thing I thought of. Then after looking it up and finding that 26 bowlers had done it. I did not pursue it.

If you had mentioned this earlier, this would have been over immediately :)

biased indian

International Coach
Very unfair

Getting a batsman out on the first ball of a test match was the first thing I thought of. Then after looking it up and finding that 26 bowlers had done it. I did not pursue it.

If you had mentioned this earlier, this would have been over immediately :)
HOW ???

i clearly said 21 bowlers which is correct...and 26 is the number of time it occurred

Then after looking it up and finding that 26 bowlers had done it : This is Wrong