Thread: Turf top

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars

Turf top

https://kdsport.com.au/coaching-aids.../turf-top.html

Has anyone tried this out?

Astro in the nets just isn't cutting it anymore
    Don't go chasing waterfalls

International Coach Starfighter's Avatar
    Not sure what they're on about. The Kookaburra ball only deviates once every three or four matches on the pitches generally served up in Aus over the past six or seven years.

Most of the batsmen in my club have enough trouble keeping out the straight ones anyway, I think introducing movement into the equation is a leap too far.
    The truth, I think, is this: that since the triumph of what was called rationalism, we have successfully cultivated everything except reason - G.K. Chesterton

A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him saying, 'you are mad, you are not like us' - St. Anthony

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Itís pretty boring batting on Astro turf in the nets though and the bounce is hardly representative of turf wickets

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Does your club not have turf nets? Mind you, some of the practice wickets can be dodgy as.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

ďThe modern conservative is engaged in one of manís oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Quote Originally Posted by GotSpin View Post
    https://kdsport.com.au/coaching-aids.../turf-top.html

Has anyone tried this out?

Astro in the nets just isn't cutting it anymore
    I played juniors for Valley in Brisbane (the club of the Dudgeon family) and they installed something in their nets in the mid-2000s which was meant to mimic turf (it tended to just be a bit slower and lower, rather than produce lateral movement).

I'd like to think this would be decent, knowing that KDs has been working on this type of product for decades.
    Last edited by James90; 29-10-2019 at 10:06 AM.
    Supported XI
    Tamim Iqbal, JA Burns, UT Khawaja, *SPD Smith, Mahmudullah, C de Grandhomme, +AT Carey, PJ Cummins, Rashid Khan, Mustafizur Rahman, JP Behrendorff.

RIP Fardin. RIP Craigos. RIP Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by James90 View Post
    I played juniors for Valley in Brisbane (the club of the Dudgeon family) and they installed something in their nets in the mid-2000s which was meant to mimic turf (it tended to just be a bit slower and lower, rather than produce lateral movement).

I'd like to think this would be decent, knowing that KDs has been working on this type of product for decades.
    There's a club on the Goldie which has installed a range of surfaces that are used at Centre of Excellence, Lords etc

They are significantly better than the normal artificial stuff plus much easier on bowlers' bodies

One of the nets even has patches of different specs in it to generate inconsistent bounce, etc

They also had a cork pitch designed to replicate Indian conditions but it was one of the worst pitches that you will ever see so they replaced it

Biggest issue with them is that they quickly become waterlogged when rain is about so definitely not all weather surfaces
    Last edited by social; 03-11-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Thread Information