• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Howard Der Watt - 19 yo, BT Rating=24,602
LH batsman, LFM bowler. He is a defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has superb batting form, competent bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: woeful

Arthur Bennie - 20 yo, BT Rating=57,176
RH batsman, RFM bowler. He is a steady player with competent leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: worthless Concentration: feeble
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: proficient

nibbs

International Captain
Grady Allison - 24 yo, BT Rating=107,453
RH batsman, RFM bowler. He is a cautious player with competent leadership skills and quality experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, superb bowling form and changeable fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: strong
Bowling: sensational Consistency: masterful
Fielding: quality

Sammy Pearson - 20 yo, BT Rating=54,952
RH batsman, RFM bowler. He is a destructive player with respectable leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and changeable fitness.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: quality
Batting: remarkable Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: competent
Fielding: abysmal

and my youth pull....

Douglas Mcfarlane - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,509
LH batsman, LH Spin bowler. He is an attacking player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and changeable fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: respectable
Fielding: worthless

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got up in the first round of the cup against a team ranked 300 spots higher. Am happy with that. Next round is a bot.

Don't know why most players lose their form in Battrick over a 1 week period though. It seems totally random, a guy who plays non-stop for the season and in a friendly in-between loses form completely, while a guy who hasn't played for months is in superb bowling form apparently...along with a guy who has never bowled in his life.

Then again, it doesn't really seem to affect their performances too much.

Edit: Had an interesting day in the opening FC match today too: was 4/37 then 5/211, lost the next 4 wickets by the time I'd reached 233, then my young all-rounder Arnison put on 140 for the last wicket with a bowler that's generally uselss, scoring 102* himself in 100 balls. Am currently struggling to take wickets, played out two draws against this team last time around, but it was a pleasing batting effort. It'd be nice if my highest-rated bat would score more than 0 though...he's been useless for a season now.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Started OD well, although collapsing to 11/3 wasn't in the plans considering the quality of the league. Good fightback though to end up 352-4...the much maligned Strydom, coming off a pair in the FC earlier in the week, scored 185* (double what he managed for the entire of last season) and Greene managed 106. Another decent bat fell for 0 though, not good enough against this opposition.

Hopefully the bowling goes well.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I'm not sure what's wrong with my side. Keep having massive losses despite having an amazingly better team and captain. Lameeeee

Son Of Coco

I forgot to change the bowling orders around when I reshuffled the team, currently have a batsman opening the bowling...just hope the rest of the players rolling their arm over are good at it. And that my best bowler isn't the one who missed out. Have a sneaky feeling...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Up for sales.

57. Alex Manning - 21 yo, BT Rating=43,669, Wage=£23,265
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and feeble experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: superb

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
How awesome is the new Player Stats page?

Handy win in OD today. I thought I was in trouble after being rolled for 228, against a team who I have managed to score 300+ in the past 4 games. Bowlers did the job for an easy win in the end, Gerber with the figures of 6/5.

Jarquis

End of Over 15: 55-4, runrate=3.67, reqrunrate=1.69 (113-10)
Nesbitt 1-0-2-1
Salam* 1 (2 balls)
Mckagen 5 (9 balls)

Against a bot. Lolz.

andyc

Bryan Hamilton - 22 yo, BT Rating=195,641, Wage=£79,012
A defensive RH batsman and a defensive RFM bowler. He has woeful leadership skills and feeble experience. He has no preference and no trait.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: exceptional Concentration: masterful
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: masterful
Fielding: wonderful

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Need some help and s00jestchuns guys. How should I arrange my nets for these players, to fit in my newest trainee?

My youth pull:

Dan Lumsdon (3443337)
Dan is an attacking RH Batsman, and an attacking RM Bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.
Plays For: Tawonga Tigers
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 5,511
Wages: £890 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

My current trainees and their nets:

Darren Henshaw (2573113)
Darren is a cautious RH Batsman, and a cautious RM Bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has superb batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 72,536
Wages: £15,585 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: quality
Batting: superb Concentration: sensational
Bowling: worthless Consistency: superb
Fielding: competent

Edwad Gunaratne (2811157)
Edwad is a destructive RH Batsman, and a destructive RF Bowler. He has strong leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and energetic fitness.
Nationality: Sri Lanka
Battrick Rating: 12,899
Wages: £1,244 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: feeble
Bowling: respectable Consistency: strong
Fielding: feeble

Greg Stiemmie (2461011)
Greg is a cautious RH Batsman, and a cautious RH finger spin Bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and respectable experience.
He currently has woeful batting form, proficient bowling form and moderate fitness.
Nationality: South Africa
Battrick Rating: 52,968
Wages: £23,526 p/w
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: exceptional Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: worthless Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: proficient

Nets:
Henshaw: 2xBat 1xField 1xKeep
Gunaratne: 2xBowl 1xField
Stiemmie: 2xBat 1xStamina

Was going to take Stiemmie's stamina net and Henshaws fielding and turn them into batting nets for my trainee. Where should I get the third one (fielding) from? Reduce Stiemme to one bat, or Henshaw to one bat?

No need to point out that they suck, fwiw.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Secondly, your keeper trainee; I wouldn't train him any higher than quality. I've got a keeper trainee, Sammy Pearson, and he should reach quality keeping next week. From there, I'll train his fielding to keep his conc ticking over. Remember keeping counts as a primary skill, not a secondary like fielding. I discussed this with a few people this season. And the conclusion we came to is that there is not much difference between an exceptional keeper, or a proficient. Decepticons, who won the cup in the previous two seasons, and the OD I.1 in season 13, used a proficient keeper with respectable fielding. Which proves to an extent, that your keeper will not make or break your team's dreams. For the sake of a few byes you're going to save 10-25k+ a week on wages.
Worth considering?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Up for sales.

Alex Manning (2454909)

Alex is a destructive RH Batsman, and a destructive RM Bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and feeble experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.

Plays For: Brackenhurst
Nationality: South Africa
Battrick Rating: 41,774 (-1895)
Wages: £23,265 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: superb
Only going for 3mil atm. :(

nibbs

International Captain
When are they coming in?
next season with the new match engine by all accounts...

just one meaningless pop this morning, but i felt i'd share it anyway

Jon Coates - 21 yo, BT Rating=113,373, Wage=£39,402
A destructive LH batsman and a destructive LF bowler. He has worthless leadership skills and competent experience. He favours Fast-Medium Bowling but has no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, proficient bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: sensational Concentration: sensational
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: respectable
Fielding: exquisite