• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Code:
End of Over 2: 11-0, runrate=5.50, reqrunrate=6.50 (127-6)
Tau	1-0-6-0
Mohammed*	6 (6 balls)
Chanderpaul	5 (6 balls)
Hmm. Might be a close run thing.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Bender Bending were in my league a few years back, they'll ****ing smash you.

I caned my league, oddly enough playing a team I threw a playoff against a few years ago. They also happen to be in the same league as Bender Bending. Small world, eh.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Bender Bending
Rodriguez?

I'm up against a pretty decent div III team with a respectable lower order. There should be around 40 teams left in the WI competition, so six more rounds including this one. I think I'll probably be getting GFI'd every match from here on, so I'll have to play my good players and rely on whatever PFL and team fitness advantage I may have. Whitehorne, Watkins, Ashton, Cuss, Downer and Harewood are all sublime.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Code:
And that's the end of the match. Citizens Erased won by 8 wickets.
RRD Israel	127-6
Citizens Erased	128-2

End of Over 16: 128-2, runrate=8.00
Mitten	2-0-16-0
Karthikeyan*	11 (4 balls)
	60 (45 balls)

15.3 	6	Mitten to Mohammed
 	 	Mohammed steps foward and hammers the ball straight out of the stadium. Great shot!
Hmm. Pretty easy in the end.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Pops over the last few:

Code:
Alex Munroe - 21 yo, BT Rating=31,283
RH Batsman, LF Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, lively
A cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Stamina: 	competent 	Wicket Keeping: 	worthless
Batting: 	[B]wonderful [/B]	Concentration: 	proficient
Bowling: 	worthless 	Consistency: 	respectable
Fielding: 	woeful

Jim Keane - 18 yo, BT Rating=17,614
RH Batsman, LM Bowler, strong batting form, proficient bowling form, lively
A steady player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Batting: 	quality 	Concentration: 	[B]respectable[/B]
Bowling: 	worthless 	Consistency: 	worthless
Fielding: 	worthless

Doug Swart - 19 yo, BT Rating=15,854
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, lively
A cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: 	mediocre 	Wicket Keeping: 	abysmal
Batting: 	mediocre 	Concentration: 	worthless
Bowling: 	[B]quality [/B]	Consistency: 	competent
Fielding: 	woeful

Nigel Dylan - 19 yo, BT Rating=24,484
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, lively
An attacking player with superb leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Batting: 	[B]remarkable[/B] 	Concentration: 	proficient
Bowling: 	worthless 	Consistency: 	abysmal
Fielding: 	abysmal
Pretty much everyone there should pop in their secondary in the coming weeks.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
FC being introduced, TFL scrapped. (y) From what I've seen in testing I'm pretty confident that FC will be here to stay this time.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Great news! It'll be interesting to see what the implications of scrapping TFL will be - I'm hoping it'll benefit my side as I think my squad have quite high individual levels of stamina compared to other teams that have been around for the same length of time as mine.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Glad that TIE/GIF will affect PFLs instead. I can see a ton of teams playing reserve lineups in the BT20 now given if you made the final your team will be practically playing nonstop.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah me too, as much as I can anyway.
Challenged btw.

Hmm looks like i'm going to have only two games in two weeks. But if the fixtures for ODs are the same as usually then i'll be playing the side that came 2nd in my new league first up. With the nature of D3 in Sri Lanka thats pretty much a most win game so i need my players high sublime, 2nd XI it is.

The TFL is meh, yeah it helps but never noticed a major impact on performance just ratings. I got all my main players up to medicore plus stamina now, but looking at Twenty20 you need respectable plus if you want guys to play pretty much every match and still be sublime. Going to be interesting to see how i'm going to manage PFLs this season, especially with Murali and Jeithoon getting 4 nets for most of next season.

This was what interested me the most but:
Your FC league will be different from your OD league and drawn on a semi-random basis, based on your current OD league position and level.
Looks like i'm going to be in Division Two or Three, based on that.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Glad that TIE/GIF will affect PFLs instead. I can see a ton of teams playing reserve lineups in the BT20 now given if you made the final your team will be practically playing nonstop.
Yeah i found that interesting as well that the guys still in Twenty20 until day before FC starts and after the first Cup match. I thought cus they limited it to domestic sides they would still finish a week before.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
So if Australia gets a div 6, who is in it? Just bots and people who join up after the start of this season? Or will people be demoted from 5 retroactively?

Status
Not open for further replies.