• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Friendly anyone?

Haven't delved into the CW friendly scene for a while, form is appalling so I'm easy pickings. No Smiths allowed.
I'll play a friendly and watch your team destroy mine.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Everything going to plan for me. Batting comfortably on a green pitch only one-down. Top team in my comp perhaps foolishly play a full-strength side against second, but this means if I win my match, I'm guaranteed second place.

Will be really interesting to see how many CW Teams progress through to the next round. I understand 20/20 isn't the purest form when analysing a team's strength, but I'm pretty sure CW has quite a number of teams going through, which speaks volumes for the assistance of members on the site.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Watching my game and Morir's game now. Need to win by a significantly larger margin than them. Not going so well so far, they're outscoring me with both of us batting first.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Will be really interesting to see how many CW Teams progress through to the next round. I understand 20/20 isn't the purest form when analysing a team's strength, but I'm pretty sure CW has quite a number of teams going through, which speaks volumes for the assistance of members on the site.
Code:
  	Team  	Pld  	Won  	Tie  	Lost  	Points  	Net RR
Citizens Erased	6 	6 	0 	0 	24 	62.50
You'd think I was through. :cool2:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Watching my game and Morir's game now. Need to win by a significantly larger margin than them. Not going so well so far, they're outscoring me with both of us batting first.
Crap, forget about that. Already paying close attention to three matches, let's make it five.

Code:
  	Team  	Pld  	Won  	Tie  	Lost  	Points  	Net RR
Citizens Erased	6 	6 	0 	0 	24 	62.50
You'd think I was through. :cool2:
:thumbsup:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Brackenhurst -
End of Over 20: 179-1, runrate=8.95
Toynbee 4-0-43-0
Burnip* 111 (68 balls)
Abbey 35 (26 balls)

Not a massive score, but on a green pitch, you gotta take it. Burnip hits his second 20/20 century. Has had an awesome tournament (thus far?).

EDIT: Fuller comes back well. Roll `em mate.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Morir racked up 231, compared to my 220, with Schutte making 142* for me. Hard to know exactly how the numbers will play out, but obviously I need to bowl my side out cheaply and hope their opposition bat out the 20.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Morir racked up 231, compared to my 220, with Schutte making 142* for me. Hard to know exactly how the numbers will play out, but obviously I need to bowl my side out cheaply and hope their opposition bat out the 20.
Yeah, not forgetting all the NRR's apparently being changed when all matches are complete.

EDIT: Love my bowlers. It's great seeing the reward for players you've trained up so much. Got `em 9-down somehow. Normally I'm extremely poor in my bowling innings, relying on my batsmen to win me matches. Faaip now taking a bag of poles as well. There is hope. :)

EDIT: Got them out for 47, win by 132 runs, gave a big cheer. Giving some more now, because every over, it refreshes with "End of Over xxxxx, Brackenhurst 179/1, Team Moose Power 47/10". If it goes on much longer, I`ll have enough NRR to win the whole thing. ;)

End of Over 20: 47-10, runrate=2.35
Smart 3-0-9-4
Dowe* 29 (15 balls)

Haha, awesome.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, my opposition just fell apart. 5 wickets in 2 overs, from 1 down at the start. Should bowl them out cheaply now, just cheering on for the batsmen of "ponting".

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Bundy bears all out for 82, for a 138 run loss. Ponting have progressed to 3/111 after 12 now. The closer they get the better.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
They make about 180 off 18.1 overs. Should be close.

EDIT: 1st team in my group win their final match, and as such, I finish second. Awesome. :cool:

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Date: 11/09/2007 Ground: Energy Australia
Pitch: Flat Weather:

caves_beachcc won the toss and elected to field.
First Innings of: Ancients
Extras (1b, 0lb, 2w, 1nb) 4
Total (20.0 overs, 3 wickets) 180

First Innings of: caves_beachcc (play as normal)
Extras (2b, 0lb, 1w, 0nb) 3
Total (16.0 overs, 0 wickets) 185
Schofield 108* (54)
Skipper 74*(45)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
im out of the 20/20 cup but finished 5 atleast with a positive nrr where everyone below me was in the negative.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
No good in the end. Unless the NRR is re-calculated, we'll finish 3rd.

Code:
1.  	Digital Punks  	7  	7  	0  	0  	28  	40.67
2. 	Morir 	7 	5 	0 	2 	20 	17.00
3. 	Henry's Dream 	7 	5 	0 	2 	20 	12.79

Bobisback

International Regular
Finished 3rd in my T20, but im glad, i want all my PFL levels back to sublime for the first match of next season. I had 4 wins 3 losses and a NRR of 22.13 :laugh:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Beat my only decent opponent by 12 runs, on TIE following Dwyer's advice.

Made 3/199, Canning with 78*, Terry 54 and Kilkenny 41*, while Fernando ripped through their middle order, taking 3/0, right when I needed it.

Magical Ponies Roadsmash
Top Order: proficient respectable
Middle Order: proficient woeful
Lower Order: abysmal worthless
Seam Bowling: quality respectable
Spin Bowling: proficient proficient
Fielding: woeful woeful
MOTM: Canning

Gun.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Won my last league match and finished equal 2nd, probably will finish 4th on NRR and get knocked out. I beat a side that finished 4th in Division Two btw.

Jaffna Jets 3/208(20) Clayton 108(61), Lucas 87*(54)

beat

Maverick 8/184(20) Jeithoon 4/27(4), Willetts 3/29(4)

Jeithoon and Clayton gunning it again. Clayton seems to like Twenty20, 446 runs in 7 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.