• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_D

International Debutant
1. Glen Cunningham £2,650,000 (opening price)
Plays for: Medway Stamina: superb W/Keeping: worthless
BT Rating: 22,453 Bowling: proficient Consistency: strong
Fielding: feeble

Worth it?
not worth it... he'll be 19 soon...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think age is the big factor, its more about how close he is to strong bowling. If his close then a player with his secondaries and stamina go for that price.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Looked at my fixture list and HELLO! Looks like they`ll be eight teams per group with the top two going through.

That be a lot of crickey. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Just wondering what a good number of Sports Psychologists, PR Officers and Financial Advisors would be? Never really thought enough about it. And also, do we know what form is based on?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's only one good team in my group - Bossanove, who get wonderful top order and elite spin but there's nothing too much to worry about. Even if I lose to them I'll get one of the top two spots.

Bobisback

International Regular
Code:
allbangers	Biri		Fishos		Maniacs		Muffa United 2004	Red Dragons	Tassie Tigers	Zell Cricket Club
woeful		feeble		competent	feeble		abysmal			Strong		quality		competent
abysmal		mediocre	mediocre	woeful		abysmal			respectable	quality		feeble
worthless	woeful		worthless	worthless	worthless		worthless	mediocre	worthless
woeful		competent	competent	feeble		abysmal			strong		wonderful	mediocre
abysmal		feeble		proficient	feeble		useless			quality		useless		feeble
woeful		feeble		abysmal		woeful		woeful			woeful		mediocre	feeble
Will be tough to get top 2 here, Tassie tigers will kill me, will be close between me and red dragons, i want my old T20 league back :(

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hey Clapo im going to have to rest Jeithoon and Murali for our friendly just too many games to play this off season and i want them full fitness for important Twenty20 matches.

EDIT: Just had a look through my league and all D4 and one crap D3 sides. Looks like i can TIE all the way and rest who ever i want. So Jeithoon and Murali will be unleashed on Clapo's XI.

Last edited:

andyc

Will be tough to get top 2 here, Tassie tigers will kill me, will be close between me and red dragons, i want my old T20 league back :(
In the same boat here, went from a **** easy league to a very tough one.

Code:
Magical Ponies
competent
superb
abysmal
quality
proficient
woeful

Carlton Hotspurs
exquisite
strong
worthless
quality
useless
feeble

Riverside Blades 
respectable
competent
worthless
respectable
proficient
woeful

Steel City
wonderful
mediocre
woeful
superb
respectable
feeble

stoned raiders
proficient
mediocre
abysmal
mediocre
competent
feeble

THe Howzats
quality
competent
worthless
strong
competent
woeful

The Toads
woeful
woeful
abysmal
woeful
feeble
woeful

Western Wolves CC
proficient
proficient
worthless
quality
competent
abysmal
No chance against Carlton Hotspurs, while Steel City and THe Howzats will be tough

Edit: Dammit

Alan Foulkes (1437579)

RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A steady player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Magical Ponies
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 1,468
Wages: £450 p/w
Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: worthless
Bowling: competent Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Last edited:

oz_fan

International Regular
Got a great draw in the B20 comp. The best team is a low ranking division 4 team and the rest are all in division 5. I'm aiming for a top 4 finish.

andyc

Haha ffs, now I have to go through every team again and look at their ratings. Not complaining mind you, they're all in Div 5

Edit: Very pleased after having a look through it, a lot of TIE wins and I should take first fairly easily. The only other decent team in it is something like this:

Roadsmash
proficient
woeful
worthless
strong
strong
woeful

Thank you Battrick.

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I now get five division five sides, one from division three of about equal strength to me and one from division four with two BTR 100,000+ players and several more over 50,000. Could be tight for second.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
FFS got two other D2 sides, one that was in my league and I have little chance of winning. The 2nd side came 4th in their league and has some gun players, but little depth. Then two relatively tricky D3, but i should be able to beat them with 2nd string sides. Should finish in the top 3, but not happy with the changes.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Meh, hard to say - not a bad price by market standards. They're about 3000 BTR off the minimum, I would think it's unlikely to be in the stamina, so with any luck their bowling sublevel will be decent.

As long as you intend training them properly they're ok.
Right, what would you recommend, I've got 5 nets free.

Scaly piscine

Right, what would you recommend, I've got 5 nets free.
3 is more than enough, 2 bowl and 1 field. I suppose if you really wanted you could give him a batting net for a while but it's somewhat of a waste unless you commit to it long-term but they'd still only end up around superb or quality (with a good secondary).

Status
Not open for further replies.