• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Depends on whether you can take the extra wages, which would be another 15k or thereabouts if you get him up to exquisite. Adam will have a better idea of that figure.

If you want to really maximise his uberness without much of a wage hit you could give him a fielding net I suppose.
A fielding net with a fitness net wouldn't do much though.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
chaminda_00 said:
what is your keeper like?
Woeful Stamina, Feeble Bat, Proficient Keeping.

That guy might go for a bit too much but if i have enough i was wondering if he is worth that kind of money?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
mikeW said:
Woeful Stamina, Feeble Bat, Proficient Keeping.

That guy might go for a bit too much but if i have enough i was wondering if he is worth that kind of money?
I would bid on that guy, looks very good a decent price and can be trained even higher.

mikeW

chaminda_00 said:
I would bid on that guy, looks very good a decent price and can be trained even higher.
Yeah think i might make a bid on him later on if hes still in my price range.

brenoevo

U19 12th Man
k thanks for ur responses guys. btw Z.Kennedy is same as Jaya in stam, bat n conc skills. Ye i really dont have the nets to be training them. Atm im training...
Tony Kennedy - 19 yo, BT Rating=24,023
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: quality Concentration: strong
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless
batting x2

Roger Pratley - 17 yo, BT Rating=11,419
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
batting x2, 1xstamina

Howard Gus - 18 yo, BT Rating=19,808
RH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A defensive player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: woeful Concentration: respectable
Bowling: strong Consistency: proficient
bowling x2, 1x stamina

Ray Westhead - 20 yo, BT Rating=38,603
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with woeful leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: quality Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: feeble
bowling x2

Next season will be dropping Westhead and T.Kennedy back to 1 primary net each and will use the 2 extra nets for a new bowling trainee. I should have 2 wonderfuls n 2 remarkables by the end of next season then + wotever trainee bowler is. The 2 quality bats will become redundant soon, im thinking might aswell try to trade them in as my goal is to train my guys up to wonderful+ by the time their 21. So these guys are out of sync with my training method as they started before the new yp system and i cant really afford the nets for them. Its a tough call but i thought it might be a good idea to try n get a high level player before their prices start going even higher or whether to jus keep them as back up middle order bats until they eventually get replaced.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Mike, if you've got the money, then bust a gut on that WK - Though I guess it's going to mean staying up most of the night for you? But he's only 20YO, with plenty of room for improvement. The keeping is already probably international class - And whilst Qual batting is a bit short of true Gun status - His Sens Conc will make him pretty awesome anyway. Plus, as I already said, there's still plenty of time to train him up to Wand and beyond, and presuming you carry on with a WK net at the same time, he's going to be pushing Elite Conc by then.

The only down sides that I can see are: A, is your club big enough to sustain his inevitably rocketing wages? And B, a career average of 45 and season's of 60'ish doesn't really scream "Gun" at me. Admittedly I didn't look at the standard of opposition he's been playing against, but equally perhaps I've radically over-estimated how good Sens Conc will make him in comparison to your run-of-the mill Qual Bat?

My basic rule of thumb on training beyond the teens is that if you reckon a player is good enough to still make your starting CI in two to three seasons' time, then it's almost worth training them indefinitely.

Later, Trev

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Yeah mate, got it working.

Realising I`m pretty screwed for both my matches. Hopefully I don`t get thrashed, and can grasp a better idea of my players` abilities. I have a paceman, a left-arm-medium and three spinners on a pacers deck in my first match. :(

EDIT: And that`s leaving out one of my gun spinners.

EDIT EDIT: Looking forward to my match against Wright, if only to get some revenue. :p

mikeW

trevor_vayro said:
Mike, if you've got the money, then bust a gut on that WK - Though I guess it's going to mean staying up most of the night for you? But he's only 20YO, with plenty of room for improvement. The keeping is already probably international class - And whilst Qual batting is a bit short of true Gun status - His Sens Conc will make him pretty awesome anyway. Plus, as I already said, there's still plenty of time to train him up to Wand and beyond, and presuming you carry on with a WK net at the same time, he's going to be pushing Elite Conc by then.

The only down sides that I can see are: A, is your club big enough to sustain his inevitably rocketing wages? And B, a career average of 45 and season's of 60'ish doesn't really scream "Gun" at me. Admittedly I didn't look at the standard of opposition he's been playing against, but equally perhaps I've radically over-estimated how good Sens Conc will make him in comparison to your run-of-the mill Qual Bat?

My basic rule of thumb on training beyond the teens is that if you reckon a player is good enough to still make your starting CI in two to three seasons' time, then it's almost worth training them indefinitely.

Later, Trev
Thanks mate but it looks like he's going to go for a little bit more money than i have

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
mikeW said:
guys do you think this guys is worth bidding on?

http://www.battrick.org/nl/playerDetails.asp?playerID=294513
Sure, hope you get him (you might get him with your current bid because of his potential wages putting teams off). If you do get him I wouldn't train them in w/keeping any further tho, that exquisite w/keeping is going to cost you a fortune when his wages are recalculated so you might want to get your finances back up so you're getting plenty of interest to cover them.

You don't really get much in return for training his w/keeping up, you just get a huge amount added to his wages.

Last edited:

mikeW

Scaly piscine said:
Sure, hope you get him (you might get him with your current bid because of his potential wages putting teams off). If you do get him I wouldn't train them in w/keeping any further tho, that exquisite w/keeping is going to cost you a fortune when his wages are recalculated so you might want to get your finances back up so you're getting plenty of interest to cover them.

You don't really get much in return for training his w/keeping up, you just get a huge amount added to his wages.
Thanks mate, just looking at his league it is rather strange and somewhat suprising he only averages 60.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Sorry to post again, but is it possible to know what time of day my match will be on?

EDIT: I think it says 00:30. Great.

Status
Not open for further replies.