• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tomorrow 7:14pm.

For the cheapskates out there I've got:

Peter Staunton (521224)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, abysmal batting form, woeful bowling form, changeable
A destructive player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Scaly Piscine CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 2,534
Wages: £618 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: competent Consistency: feeble
Fielding: feeble

for 50k (high competent) and

Farasat Lanewalla (55349)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, changeable
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Scaly Piscine CC
Nationality: Pakistan
Battrick Rating: 4,979
Wages: £1,025 p/w

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: feeble
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful
Fielding: woeful

for 80k - high respectable. Could probably give him a batting net for a month and he'd be prof-med. They're both going in just under two hours.

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
Well someone outbid me for Humphreys, he's gone 2.65m

7. Matthew Humphreys (78000)
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with proficient leadership skills and mediocre experience.

Plays For: Team Monster
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 23,774
Wages: £4,601 p/w
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: superb Concentration: strong
Bowling: feeble Consistency: feeble
Fielding: respectable

Good value?

Scaly piscine

PY said:
Well someone outbid me for Humphreys, he's gone 2.65m

7. Matthew Humphreys (78000)
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with proficient leadership skills and mediocre experience.

Plays For: Team Monster
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 23,774
Wages: £4,601 p/w
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: superb Concentration: strong
Bowling: feeble Consistency: feeble
Fielding: respectable

Good value?
They're not bad at 2.65m. They look about a middle superb and their BT rating is middle of the range for those skills. Age is a bit of a concern but his value won't diminish for a while.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Taken apart today by the league leaders, not really bothered bothered about that. The team I'm vying for fourth with managed to beat a side much better than them again, so now I'll be going into a play-off.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Silver linings? - Of course there were! But these were silver linings much in the fashion of the foil wrapping around a packet of HIV combination Therapy - Cold comfort in the light of the bigger picture!

One can cite, as a bright spot, Bewers' early overs strangle-hold on batsmen two levels his senior, but that would be to overlook the capitulation in the second half of his spell. One could also point to Bennett's comprehensive return to form - Backing up his unbeaten seventy last week, to silence for good the doom-mongers with a stylish 68 (87) against by far the best attack he's ever faced. However, even that would ignore the manner of his dismissal, and the fact that those who followed mustered just four runs between them in the thoroughly limp fortieth and forty-first overs. The truth is that not even Carey's bombastic 61* from 55 fun-filled deliveries can mask the fact that Division III contenders The Cymru Gurgitaters certainly are not!

Patel called wrongly at a quarter past ten, setting the tone for the rest of the day - And once Potatoheads chose to bat, the senseless carnage began in earnest. Bewers showed signs of what he could one day be capable, restricting the dynamic Lovers and Sura to three an over in his first six, but from the other end it was a mismatch of remarkable men against Respectable boys, which, on occasions, even had the home crowd squirming with sympathetic embarrassment. A succession of bowlers eagerly stripped their sweaters off, Vayro's defensive orders ringing in their ears, only to be dispatched to fine leg sixty deliveries later, broken men, their illusions of promotion grandeur well and truly shattered. Edworthy 0/89, Cash 0/67, even Bewers yielded 31 from his last four overs to finish with 0/49. The successful bowlers, (A term laughingly used) were Bridges M with 1/50 and the much-maligned Bent, who had, comparatively speaking, one of his better games, with 1/66.

For Potatoheads, Sura's 119 (114) was almost ******, such was the exquisite nature of his precision placement and deft touch. From the other end Lovers 110 (122) oozed sedate, self-assured class - Yet neither could see it through to the end - The former caught by Carey on the sweep off Bridges M, and the latter lazily guiding a wide Bent delivery into the grateful hands of keeper Noon. From then on it only remained for numbers three and four, Ricketts and Summer, to hammer the nails in the coffin, which they did with brutal efficiency. Ricketts' agricultural onslaught of 63* came in just 43 balls, whereas Summer's Stylish 23 had the bereft bowlers thankful that he only got to face 13 deliveries.

So The Cymru Gurgitaters needed some fireworks right from the very start of their innings if they were to get close to 326 - And they got them! - In the form of two Jagielka howitzers, the first of which travelled at the speed of light into Slip Flowers' hands, via an unwitting Noon edge, and the second which caught the shoulder of Patel's bat before flying through to Summer behind the timber. 0/2 soon became 3/3 and 26/4, when Staveley and Greening perished to loose shots, trying to push the run rate along to keep The Gurs' forlorn hopes alive. Destructive Cash survived an improbably long time, eking out 22 from his 70 balls, before succumbing to his instincts to become Jagielka's third wicket, caught on the hook.

Then came twenty or so overs of blessed light relief as the unfashionable end of the Gurs' middle order, in the shape of Bennett and Carey, first survived…Then actually had the audacity to prosper. They added 111 for the sixth wicket, hitting 13 4s and 3 6s between them, as they showed, once the shackles of expectation had been broken, what might have been - And what may be in the future!

Vayro's men won't care to dwell too long upon the two overs of madness which brought proceedings to an abrupt end for 179. Rather they'll contemplate a first season of safety in Division Four, a season which saw them compete for the title until the thirteenth round, even if it did ultimately prove a match too far

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just had a look at my run chase and it was pretty crazy. I was going at 3 an over for my whole innings chasing 231. By the 26th over i need six an over, by the 40th over i need 8.5 an over. In the last over i need 12 runs to win. Then i got 4 singles, so i need 8 off the last two balls. Then Ellis hit two fours off the last two balls, with his 2nd giving him a fifty. Some quality stuff there, now thats how you manage a run chase. :D

Perm

The crowd would have left in a jovial mood. At the moment Clutha Valley CC lost the toss and were told to field against the 2nd best team in Division IV. They are currently 97/0 off 22 overs.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The AAAS is without a game on Sunday if someone fancies making a challenge.

If not, we'll take the time off to rest the 2 trainees who now seem to be playing as well as netting.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
PY said:
Probably get >600k for him? Not so good at picking things like that.

Can anyone check my game because for some reason, I can't log in while on these specific uni computers. :(

Ahhh damn, he is currently getting about 200 K only then :(

Perm

Boognish CC ended up getting to 307/4 off their allocated overs which is a big disappointment considering I started quite well and kept the run rate to a manageable level.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
NZTailender said:
Just bought this guy tonight.

Rutajit Alshaun (1010969)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, woeful batting form, mediocre bowling form, energetic
A steady player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Tawonga Tigers
Nationality: India
Battrick Rating: 3,058
Wages: £860 p/w
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: respectable Concentration: worthless
Bowling: feeble Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

I'm thinking 1 batting net, 1 fielding at the moment.

Will make his debut in a friendly tomorrow. Will wait until this weeks training updates are done, then review, and see where I can fit him in.

Well Had my first win against Kew Green in my League Match good one as well.

Pup

7/272

Paris 112(114)
Coates 37(46)

Kew Green

10/198

Mchphee 76*(102)
Schofield 35(37)

Mee 5/30(8)
Hinshelwood 3/34(10)

And a Truly amazing performance from My Superb Keeper Coates that probably proves to me that keeping Counts in which he collected 6 catches and 1 Stumping.

Paris Played and outstanding knock and Mee Was Terrific while Hinshelwood picked up crucial wickets.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Anchormen 5/328 from 50.0 overs
Gray 158* (144)
Mcmillan 113 (114)

Jazz Men 241a.o. from 43.5 overs
Mcmillan 4/10 (7.0)
Mills 4/33 (6.5)

Anchormen win by 87 runs.

MotM: Gray.

Pretty convincing win there. Gray is having a ripping season, has 1275 runs @ 182.14 (13 innings), and also took 3 catches and a stumping in that game. Mcmillan, 113 & 4/10 - can't really complain. Ratings haven't changed:

Anchormen
Top Order: strong
Middle Order: competent
Lower Order: worthless
Seam Bowling: competent
Spin Bowling: strong
Fielding: woeful

Perm

Boognish CC 307-4
Clutha Valley CC 87-10

Got absolutely cleaned up by Boognish, they were just too classy for me. We have a lot of work to do in the off season if we want to be competitive.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Just signed up, and I`m pretty damn confused. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Cheers. With my net sessions, when will my players be affected?

Also, it`d be tops if I could play a friendly with someone as inexperienced as myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.