• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xuhaib

International Coach
AussieDominance said:
Percy Dadd, chairman of the Battrick Cricket Council (BCC) has declared today to be "Update Free Day" - at least until we can replace the string in the server and get them working again.

Updates occurred in Australia but have failed in other countries, including training updates. We'll nudge the techies into action. Sorry about that.
:laugh:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
500k do u think he is worth it?

1. Justin Reeves £ 500,000 (opening price)
Plays for: Dimmocks Logic Stamina: proficient W/Keeping: worthless
Age: 23 years old Batting: mediocre Concentration: feeble
BT Rating: 10,331 Bowling: respectable Consistency: feeble
Deadline: 13/11/2006 12:02 Fielding: feeble

Very tempted...

PY

International Coach
Wondered why I didn't have any pops, was expecting a couple!

Bet Aus get double training now. :dry::p

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
dontcloseyoureyes said:
You can get cheap bowlers if you're willing to train stamina.
The cheapest proficient bowler going around is this guys:

2. Calum Platt £ 280,000 (opening price)
Plays for: Labrooys Leb Lions Stamina: worthless W/Keeping: feeble
Age: 18 years old Batting: abysmal Concentration: worthless
BT Rating: 3,553 Bowling: proficient Consistency: feeble
Deadline: 14/11/2006 11:04 Fielding: worthless

The cheapest bowling all rounder going around is this guy:

12. Sean Snowdon £ 350,000 (opening price)
Plays for: Labrooys Leb Lions Stamina: abysmal W/Keeping: abysmal
BT Rating: 4,537 Bowling: proficient Consistency: feeble
Deadline: 15/11/2006 22:36 Fielding: worthless

There cheapish, but im probably better off buying a guy with feeble and mediorce stamina for 100k to 200k more. Cus that basically just one or two home games. I sent an PM to the owner of that player above, to see if he wanted to re-list him for less. Im expecting him to say no, but you never know unless you ask.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Best bet would be to buy a high respectable bowling 17yo, with med stamina and med consistency you can usually find guys for under 500k.

Anyways I'm gonna list Nile tomorrow:

1. Gregory Nile (135883)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with worthless leadership skills and feeble experience.

Plays For: Scaly Piscine CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 13,306 (+32)
Wages: £3,248 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: superb Concentration: feeble
Bowling: woeful Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: mediocre

For something over 1 million.

Might sell my prof-woeful bowler, med-med bat Mohamed. It's about time I bought someone reasonably uber.

PY

International Coach
I'm up to 2.7m now, aiming for 3.5m by the end of the season then I'll see whether I can get a half decent bowling all-rounder.

I'm at bare minimum of squad now with very crap players filling in holes in the batting line-up. My aim is to have respectable+ down to 7 (and a comp at 8) by sometime next season. I currently have 5 so buying one and a 17yo trainee next year should cover it and I'll probably hide the trainee at 7/8 with the all-rounder to preserve fitness.

ash chaulk

International Captain
Wayne Stevens - 18 yo, BT Rating=27,306
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: mediocre Concentration: competent
Bowling: superb Consistency: strong
Fielding: mediocre

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
TBH I think the BT match engine has been modelled on blind cricket, where it's a pretty safe bet to put the kettle on once the fifth wicket goes down. Most blind cricket teams consist of six or seven pretty able and dedicated players who carry the batting and bowling on their backs, and four or five spaccas who've been kidnapped from the local care-home in order to make up the numbers. One team has been dubbed the RMT (Railway, Maritime and Transport Union), as they are one-out-all-out! Our scorecard against them this season read 0, 2, 104*, 0, 0, 0, 11, 3, 0, 0, 2, X=34, Total =156/10!

Congrats to Gregg, for a hard-fought win yesterday. I tried to pick a side which would match up reasonably well, but it would appear that I under-estimated The Tigers! Mind you, playing my BTR9 Wor everything YP probably played a part in the outcome, he certainly cost Bewers a maiden century.

And it seems that narrowly missing out on landmarks is a jinks hanging over the club at the moment, as in Friday's bot butchering fest, Greening fell one run short of his career best with 120, and Staveley didn't quite have the legs for a double ton, setting a new club record score of 194*, as we also fell a Tory policy short of an historic four hundred, with 396/1.

Thanks to the latest bug, there's no training to report, but not expecting any pops yet in any case. Bennett failed to sell for a mill and a half, so I attempted to re-list him for £1.4M, forgetting of course that there's already a 0 in the edit box before you start. So I ended up rather optimistically listing him for a TM-smashing £14M!

That's all from The Gurs, Later, Trev

Anyone Interested in Jones Listed for 600 k

5. Ross Jones (791797)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Pup
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 7,819 (+57)
Wages: £922 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: feeble Concentration: woeful
Bowling: proficient Consistency: competent
Fielding: woeful

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Man just had a look at a side could Labrooys Leb Lions, they play in Div 3 in Australia, The guys got like 49 players in his squad and selling 25 of them. Do you guys know anyone with more players?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chaminda_00 said:
Man just had a look at a side could Labrooys Leb Lions, they play in Div 3 in Australia, The guys got like 49 players in his squad and selling 25 of them. Do you guys know anyone with more players?
Can't say I do. That guy is always trading players though, and would probably make quite a bit of money from it. It's just annoying, cause he'll inevitably outbid you at one stage or another, and you know that he's probably not actually going to be using that player, just training and selling him

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah i see a lot of guys do that buy players, train them and then re-sell them. Personally i think its a waste of time long term, as your better off giving a gun trainee an extra net.

I just noticed an interesting thing with my side, out of my 7 bowlers, 4 are left armers (with 1 a spinner). Do you think it makes any difference having say 3 left arm seamers and 1 left spinner in your side. Are you better of having more variety and having a few more right arm bowlers, or doesn't it make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.