• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The commentary is random, when it says dropped catch it doesn't actually mean that a chance was created, it's just a line picked at random from the database. There are supposed to be specific lines to indicate dropped chances but they haven't been implemented yet, if that makes sense.
Ok still did notice a reduction in byes and increase in catches with pretty much the same sort of bowling attack. Even with an improved bowling attack his still taking the same amount of catches now, as he did when he first popped to superb.

Bobisback

International Regular
Code:
Ryan Hiller - 19 yo, BT Rating=18,676
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A cautious player with superb leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: 	respectable 	Wicket Keeping: 	woeful
Batting: 	strong 	         Concentration: 	[B]superb[/B]
Bowling: 	worthless 	Consistency: 	worthless
Fielding: 	abysmal

I like that pop, hoping for Wikus to go to superb in bowling and consistency within the next month

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
No pops here. Didn't really expect any though.

If anyone knows offhand, how many weeks should it take a 20 year old bowler on one bowling net to pop from proficient to strong? From the bottom level of proficient, that is.

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it's around 14-15 weeks.

Anyway, Ralph is a mere 10 minutes from being sold, and I've got £9.7m waiting. I'm glad no one has gone nuts with pre-deadline bidding, he's only at £6.3m at the moment.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got absolutely thrashed in my cup game, set my order's wrong and ended up having a batsman as my 5th bowler. I should pay more attention next time. Not a lot of positives, Derick kept it tight and Muckle, Makgale and Martin all got reasonable scores.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Wooohooo! Steeeal of the century:

Frank Ralph (332259)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, respectable bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with strong leadership skills and mediocre experience.

Plays For: Anchormen
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 79,538
Wages: £27,759 p/w
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: abysmal Concentration: quality
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: exceptional
Fielding: respectable

And I got him for... £6,977,190! A whole £1m less than Ashley Black. It also means my sale of Mills was pretty pointless, but it means I have nearly £3mil still in the bank (and I could hit 3m, if people continue bidding for Millsy). Hahaha, so happy about that. I only got 2 bids against me, from SCC Gorillas (Schmick) and Hammertime.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hahaha, just got this message from Schmick:

Code:
[size=2][b]From[/b]: Schmick
[b]Subject[/b]: Ralph
[b]Sent[/b]: 22/01/2007 06:06:05

Stupid bank wont give me anymore money. Like you need an exceptional bowler in div4 anyway.[/size]
Heh heh heh :cool:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hahaha, won't make the CW BT XI :kwasny: but he's a fair gun. I believe that 7mil trumps the previous CW transfer record :cool:

Also, now that I've still got money left over, I'm upgrading my ground capacity to 30k, should be done in 10 days, in time for my next league game.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hahaha, just got this message from Schmick:

Code:
[size=2][b]From[/b]: Schmick
[b]Subject[/b]: Ralph
[b]Sent[/b]: 22/01/2007 06:06:05

Stupid bank wont give me anymore money. Like you need an exceptional bowler in div4 anyway.[/size]
Heh heh heh :cool:
haha, someones a sore loser eh

PY

International Coach
Quality stuff Rob, that paid off big time didn't it! Think you might beat me next match-up. :p

How will his wages affect you? He'd be half my wages if I had him though I guess the ground upgrade will help things. :)

Anyway, training time:

Scott Mamello - 19 yo, BT Rating=15,454
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, fresh
A defensive player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: superb Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: abysmal

Bowling attack should be wond/sup/strong/sup/prof in next couple of weeks. Then can maybe think about improving my batting line-up. :)

Last edited:

Agent TBY

International Captain
Bhupendra Mohammed - 19 yo, BT Rating=22,504
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A steady player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: strong
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
Fielding: mediocre

Hurrah!

nibbs

International Captain
WARNING

if anyone dares touch the following individual. i will see to it that they are killed, personally.

Ian Patterson (931751)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A steady player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Wottonshire C.C.C
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 11,326
Wages: £1,842 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: mediocre Concentration: woeful
Bowling: strong Consistency: competent
Fielding: feeble

regards, nibbs

Status
Not open for further replies.