Page 141 of 570 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 8537

Thread: Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

I'm going to be playing Sky Blues this Sunday - they're old league-mates of mine (just pipping me to the IV.26 title the season before I won it), and about to promote to I.1 in some style.

They're managed by a fellow 'inho - Malcinho. We get around! Anyway, it should be a good match - he's got two superstar players (BTR>160k), but his squad depth isn't brilliant. I can't check right now, but I think it's something like this:

Top 7 BTRs for Sky Blues: 160k, 160k, 28k, 19k, 19k, 18k, 18k
    Top 7 BTRs for Withington: 57k, 45k, 39k, 33k, 32k, 25k, 19k

Of course, BTR is by no means everything. I'm going for a Green pitch and hoping that his superstar bowlers (one's spinner, the other fast - one of them's actually an all-rounder) don't clean me up.

We had some pretty close games a few seasons ago, before his training regime came together, and this should give me some indication of how I'm progressing.

I'm pretty sure I'll lose, but I'm hoping it won't be a mauling.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Currently have these guys listed for sale. Don't suspect I'll get a bite though.

Carlton Groves - 27 yo, BT Rating=8,469
    RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
    A steady player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
    Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
    Bowling: competent Consistency: proficient
    Fielding: feeble

Delbert Nurse - 17 yo, BT Rating=2,877
    RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, mediocre bowling form, sublime
    A defensive player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.
    Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
    Bowling: respectable Consistency: worthless
    Fielding: worthless

Eduard Owen - 17 yo, BT Rating=2,544
    RH Batsman, RF Bowler, feeble batting form, feeble bowling form, sublime
    A cautious player with respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.
    Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: respectable Concentration: worthless
    Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless

Deltron Martyn - 19 yo, BT Rating=2,102
    RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, abysmal batting form, abysmal bowling form, sublime
    A cautious player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.
    Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: abysmal
    Batting: mediocre Concentration: woeful
    Bowling: mediocre Consistency: feeble

Walter Fettis - 21 yo, BT Rating=2,072
    RH Batsman, RF Bowler, worthless batting form, worthless bowling form, sublime
    A defensive player with superb leadership skills and woeful experience.
    Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: mediocre Concentration: competent
    Bowling: feeble Consistency: worthless
    Fielding: woeful

Max Jarvis - 18 yo, BT Rating=1,522
    RH Batsman, RM Bowler, woeful batting form, worthless bowling form, sublime
    An attacking player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.
    Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: mediocre
    Batting: feeble Concentration: woeful
    Fielding: feeble

Lawrence Hardy - 17 yo, BT Rating=1,271
    RH Batsman, RF Bowler, worthless batting form, mediocre bowling form, sublime
    A destructive player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.
    Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: abysmal Concentration: competent
    Bowling: woeful Consistency: worthless

Dennis Royle - 18 yo, BT Rating=1,189
    RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, worthless batting form, abysmal bowling form, sublime
    A cautious player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
    Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: abysmal
    Batting: competent Concentration: worthless
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahindinho
    I'm going to be playing Sky Blues this Sunday - they're old league-mates of mine (just pipping me to the IV.26 title the season before I won it), and about to promote to I.1 in some style.

They're managed by a fellow 'inho - Malcinho. We get around! Anyway, it should be a good match - he's got two superstar players (BTR>160k), but his squad depth isn't brilliant. I can't check right now, but I think it's something like this:

Top 7 BTRs for Sky Blues: 160k, 160k, 28k, 19k, 19k, 18k, 18k
    Top 7 BTRs for Withington: 57k, 45k, 39k, 33k, 32k, 25k, 19k

Of course, BTR is by no means everything. I'm going for a Green pitch and hoping that his superstar bowlers (one's spinner, the other fast - one of them's actually an all-rounder) don't clean me up.

We had some pretty close games a few seasons ago, before his training regime came together, and this should give me some indication of how I'm progressing.

I'm pretty sure I'll lose, but I'm hoping it won't be a mauling.
    Haha, coincidentally enough, I was looking at their team yesterday (was looking at Graham Apted) and I noted the presence of another 'inho, and the name Sky Blues also sounded familiar. He gets pretty damn good ratings, though they are helped greatly by his two guns. I think you'll be able to get him out fairly cheaply - just gotta hope his gun bat doesn't score big whilst the bits-and-pieces players hang around. And, of course, that Apted doesn't take 7-for or something.

I'm playing I.1 side Aristo Aristocrats (with Fred Lucas) on Sunday. I'll lose, it just depends on whether he plays a full-strength lineup and gets me all out for 50 or not. Haha, it'll go well with last weeks Newcastle Knights, on an I.1 roll here tbh.
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by PY
    Fancy a game? Haven't played your mob for a while. In fact, it's almost 4 months!

Don't expect to come away with owt though, thinking that Canning may be too hot to handle and for some reason, my fitness is fair and my morale is hopeful....

Sorry Adam, I'd get pillaged by your lot so badly that it wouldn't be worth it!
    Accepted. I wouldn't worry about your fitness and morale though; mine are low and pessimistic!
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Friendly needed, not Adam please, my players need some respite

If Gaurav doesn't accept over the next day or so I'll play you Dav.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    I would have been very much up for a friendly Adam, but I`ve already got a match with Thomas. Sorry...
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Alright i got a question to the guys in leagues outside Australia and England. Having a look around it seems that Div II in New Zealand, West Indies, Pakistan and India are fairly similar to Sri Lanka. So i was wondering what you guys think the standard is required to make Div II and secondly be competitive.

Im in Div III Sri Lanka and have come 2nd two seasons in a row, this season i came equal 1st. These are my current ratings:

Top Order: Respectable
    Middle Order: Competent
    Lower Order: Abysmal
    Seam Bowling: Mediorce-Competent
    Spin Bowling: Mediorce-Competent
    Fielding: Woeful

Well the first thing i have to do is finish 1st, the team came 1st, Toolmanteam, is playing White Knights, with the loser playing in my league. There no other teams that come close to us really:

Code:
                  Toolmanteam White Kinghts
    Top Order:    Strong      Strong
    Middle Order: Woeful      Woeful
    Lower Order:  Abysmal     Woeful
    Seam Bowling: Competent   Respectable
    Spin Bowling: Remarkable  Mediorce
    Fielding:     Woeful      Feeble
    I expect Toolmanteam to win, cus of their spinner Arjuna Rodrigo (44k BT), but Knights have SL NT batsmen Aviksha Malik (360k BT), his scary. But Knights don't have anyone in their team apart from Malik. I beat Toolmanteam in our last game on TIE and having a look at Knights fixtures, similar sides to mine have beat them. So im slightly confident i can beat both of them next season. Both rely on a couple players.

But the real question i like to know is what standard is required to be competitve in Div II outside Australia and England. I've played VIpers (Pakistan Div II) a couple times and both matches have been close, so if their a guide i shouldn't be that far, Alex came 5th this season though. So how good go you think i need to be to beat either of those teams and be competitve in Div II.

I see my real weakness as my bowling attack (Superb/Mediorce, Strong/Feeble, Strong/Woeful, Proficient/Feeble and Respectable/Feeble) So considering buying in a Strong fast bowler to replace my Respectable fast bowler. If im still two seasons away, then im probably better off saving money for Superb fast bowler.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

International Vice-Captain mikeW's Avatar
    Is there anyway to change the country you play in?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeW
    Is there anyway to change the country you play in?
    No.

International Vice-Captain mikeW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes
    No.
    Thought so.

U19 Vice-Captain
    V.Quick question for Scaly if you're about. If an All-rounder has BTR of 9,526, and he's Med Stam, Resp/Woe bat, Resp/Resp Bowl, Abs Field, how far up the levels is he? The wage is £668, but I'm presuming that's next to useless, as he'll have been trained all season?

Plus, A, how much would you say a fair price would be for such a beast? And B, if A =>£600K (About the size of my transfer Kitty) Would anybody be interested in bidding on Bennett today if I were to list him? 19yo, Resp Stam, Prof/Med Bat, no more than a couple of weeks from Strong?

Later, Trev

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor_vayro
    V.Quick question for Scaly if you're about. If an All-rounder has BTR of 9,526, and he's Med Stam, Resp/Woe bat, Resp/Resp Bowl, Abs Field, how far up the levels is he? The wage is £668, but I'm presuming that's next to useless, as he'll have been trained all season?

Plus, A, how much would you say a fair price would be for such a beast? And B, if A =>£600K (About the size of my transfer Kitty) Would anybody be interested in bidding on Bennett today if I were to list him? 19yo, Resp Stam, Prof/Med Bat, no more than a couple of weeks from Strong?

Later, Trev
    How old is he, Trev?

Unless he's 17, I'd say that 600k would be too much for a player like that. I've not really been watching the market that much, so I may be wrong, but it seems too much for a player with fairly ordinary secondaries, and one who isn't even proficient yet. By the way, do you know he's been receiving training? Cause if he had been trained all season (assuming he was getting a batting and a bowling net), you'd probably expect someone with a wage of 688 to be proficient in at least one of the skills. That said, Scaly will probably come in and disprove everything I've just said, so I wouldn't take my word to heart.

U19 Vice-Captain
    You're reading my mind young Andy! Yes he's 17, and yes I'm figuring that if he's been trained then presumably he's close to Prof in one or other discipline - Hopefully Bowling. TBH the batting would just be a bonus, I really need to do something about my lamentable bowling attack, as Sunday's match demonstrated. Having said that, it's a good job that he has batting potential if I'm going to have to sell Bennett to finance the deal.

Had a £330K bid on a 17YO Dest Resp/Comp RM overnight, but the auction ended at two o'clock in the morning our time, and some swine snuck in after I'd gone to bed, and got him with one more bid! I know that the training time is compromised buying a 17yo at this stage of the season, but I was hoping that might be a factor which would drive the prices down. Plus, even if I get a bottom of the range Resp now, by the time they turn 18 they'll be Strong, Qual by 20, and could go on to be special, for a relatively small amount of cash.

BTW, haven't been in the office much this week, so haven't had a chance to congratulate you for Sunday. Well deserved win, but felt a little bit hard done by, A, as I felt I had the edge on the ratings, and B, as it was one of those games where the score doesn't really tell the full story. An eight wicket margin tends to suggest I was thrashed, whereas I thought we bottled you up quite effectively, and we might have had a chance had I possessed someone better than Edworthy to throw at youfor the death overs. But Canning was the difference between the sides, so well done.

Oh and Adam, have you seen an old friend is on the transfer market? Sterling Gillespie. Bit rich for me at £1.5M, but he's getting to the age whereby you could ramp up his secondaries and make him a tidy player - Though probably not at your level.

Later, Trev

Quote Originally Posted by trevor_vayro

Later, Trev
    BTR range of 8500-14000, so he's very low.

Finally back online again after my hard drive bit the dust on my superior computer.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Thread Information