• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BatTrick Cup Part Deux - Signup, Draw, Results and Banter

PY

International Coach
Right, Adam shall be the 24th entry if that's alright with him.

Seedings for assessment though I shall have final say (:ph34r:) will be posted within the hour hopefully, feel free to talk to me on MSN if you can help me out because I'm not sure about some of the strengths of certain teams.

Cloete

International Captain
I would be up for it, but it'd be pointless because I don't want Moodley to get tired from playing 2 games a week + 10 training sessions. Without Moodley I'd get smashed. :laugh:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Mmm k, I'll see what I can do. The other cup is full so I assume there's a waiting list, which should mean that me pulling out won't be a problem. Unless Cloete wants to take the last spot, doesn't bother me either way.

Cloete

International Captain
Adamc said:
Mmm k, I'll see what I can do. The other cup is full so I assume there's a waiting list, which should mean that me pulling out won't be a problem. Unless Cloete wants to take the last spot, doesn't bother me either way.
Nah I'll leave you to smash everyone Adam. Moodley needs his 10 nets :D

PY

International Coach
Draw For Group Stage of CW BatTrick Cup Part Deux

Group I

The Conquerors - Coritani
AA for President! - marc71178
Magical Ponies - andyc
Got Spin - GoT_SpIn?
Asterix XI - AdamC
Citizens Erased - Sriram

Group II

Boggles - PEY
Boulevard Bombers - roseboy64
Jamee 999ers - Jamee999
Sad Decadent XI - cricketboy29
Viveash - ashchaulk
Robertinho Select XI - Robertinho

Group III

Lancashire - superkingdav
Bushpigs - Kears_falcon
Whenuapai CC - nibbs
Victoria Panthers - mike1990
Scaly Piscine CC - scalypiscine
Drunk XI - leg-spin

Group IV

VCC - Kweek
Vindscreen Vipers - AlexCrampton
Hoy's Holy XI - thewizard1o1
Kipper XI - cameel
College Dropouts - Brenevo
Central Districts - Keggorz

That's the groups, fixtures to follow. If anyone sees any errors, then please inform me in this thread.

More information on teams can be found here.

Thanks to Adam and Rob for their rather large effort in helping me.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Round 1 Fixtures (05/03/2006):

Home teams are on the left. The onus is on the home team to make the challenge; if the home team fails to challenge or the away team fails to accept then the match will be forfeited. There may be the possibility of a make-up week if there are problems but it would be good if all fixtures are played out properly.

Group I
The Conquerors v Citizens Erased
AA for President! v Asterix XI
Magical Ponies v Got Spin

Group II
Boggles v Robertinho Select XI
Boulevard Bombers v Viveash
Jamees 999ers v Sad Decadent XI

Group III
Lancashire v Drunk XI
Bushpigs v Scaly Piscine CC
Whenuapai CC v Victoria Panthers

Group IV
VCC v Central Districts
Vindsceen Vipers v College Dropouts
Hoy's Holy XI v Kipper XI

Good luck. :)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ouchie. I get Marc, Adam and Rob (of the Got_Spin variety) in my group, all of whom I know can beat me. Not sure about the others, but they'll probably do the same. Haha oh well, good fun nonetheless. Bedpan here we come!

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
superkingdave said:
good stuff, i feel for marc next sunday
I don't, he's getting strong seam ratings on a TIE (I think) so he could knock me over pretty easily, especially if I don't play Cuss. I've got no idea what my ratings will be like as I GFI'd last Sunday, so could be a big drop. I'll find out tomorrow against Rob's team.

Agent TBY

International Captain
andyc said:
Ouchie. I get Marc, Adam and Rob (of the Got_Spin variety) in my group, all of whom I know can beat me. Not sure about the others, but they'll probably do the same. Haha oh well, good fun nonetheless. Bedpan here we come!
Ouchie. My team suck worse than yours.

PY

International Coach
Me again. :p

Confirmed points of interest

• Four groups of six each.
  • Top two teams qualify from each group for the Cup quarter-finals.
  • Teams placed three and four in each group will proceed to the quarter-finals of the Plate competition.
  • Teams placed five and six in each group will proceed to the Bedpan competition.

• Four points for a win, two points for a tie, none for a loss.
  • Teams level at the end of the group stage shall be separated by NRR (not BatTrick style)

• Failure to play a match will result in:
    1. 4 points to the blameless side.
    2. 0 points to the blamed side.
    3. NRR of +5/-5 shall be awarded respectively.
    4. If this occurs more than once, then we'll cross that bridge when it comes (management's decision :p).

• The draw for each competition shall be through putting the top qualifiers into a hat and the second qualifiers into another and drawing them one from each.

Cheers. :)

Last edited: