• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lord_of_darkness said:
Damn it i was lookin forward to my match..

BTW how do you tell if a player popped or not?
You just have to remember what they were like before. No other way.

Pity about FC though, I came home today from exams pretty interested to see how I went. It messes up my fitness plan for the cup; will now have to lose the cup match to win this FC game, I think. Don't suppose anyone who was watching earlier thought to look at how the Pones were going before it got called off?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Personally I think they've made the right decision - better to have it working properly a week late than being messed up.

PY

International Coach
Booo, I got out of bed a lot earlier than I could have so I could check my FC game. :cool:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't really mind the FC matches being delayed, I need a bit more time to get my squad sorted. The changed schedule works out pretty well for me, I've now got a couple of very easy FC games in the same weeks as two of my hardest OD matches, and I've got one of my hardest matches this Friday and of course no FC game to drain fitness before it.

Planning to buy a new bowler, bit annoying though as I've got a few bookmarked for tomorrow and I'm not likely to be near a computer during the day. Might just put a bunch of fairly high bids in and hope for the best.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh goody. There seems to be a bidding war for Rod Doherty.

Rod Doherty - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,447 [transfer listed]
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: woeful
Bowling: competent Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: worthless

Currently at 220k with a few minutes to go. :D

im thinking about saving for about the next 10-12 weeks then getting the best quality bowler i can get with that money how much should i have saved up by then im not putting anything into ITS this is what it im paying for

Code:
Income:   Expenditure: 
[B][/B]Earning without First Class[B][/B]

Gate Receipts: 18,026   
Sponsors: 13,142
Interest: 0 
Miscellaneous: 0 

[B]What im Spending[/B]

Ground Maintenance: 7,740    
Salaries: 19,121 
Interest: 5,546 
Miscellaneous: 0   
Staff Costs: 38,500 
Youth Academy: 0

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Doesn't seem like you'll be making much. Since your ground is at the default size you won't make more than 30-40k in gate receipts once you're out of the cup (on average per week), so you're struggling to break even, let alone save up enough to buy a decent bowler. I think you'd be better off investing in the youth academy. I might be missing something obvious because it seems strange that you're not able to break even with such low expenses.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
AussieDominance said:
is that assuming i have 1 home game a week or what i was thinking id make maybe 60 k in a 3 day match
That's assuming that in a two week period, you will have on average one home OD game and one home FC game. I don't see why you'd earn more from FC matches than OD matches, it's certainly not the case IRL. I am assuming the gate receipts from each form will be roughly equivalent so that managers aren't encouraged to favour one form over the other. This may not be the case but that's what I'm basing my estimate on. In any case I would be very surprised if you make twice as much from FC than OD as you suggest.

Update: Allan has indeed decided to award another £50K subsidy. He is currently concentrating on analysing this mornings events so this will not be paid out immediatly, but it will be certainly awarded prior to the next economic update.

Update (2): The PFL reset to the levels prior to the FC Games has now been completed.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah does make sense in real life but in reall ife there is way more international cricket but in battrick there is a lot more league cricket
Don't see what that has to do with anything, but whatever. I'm just saying that it wouldn't be wise to assume you're going to be making as much money as you're suggesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.