• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Just play it safe and set it on PAN

I have an easy TIE tommorow :)

Hope that Mcammon can knock up another century

nibbs

International Captain
some recent ratings

Code:
Whenuapai CC
Top Order: 	strong
Middle Order: 	respectable
Lower Order: 	abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	respectable
Spin Bowling: 	useless
Fielding: 	feeble

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Hello Hello, back again after a week's break tending to my ill Mrs and daughter. And what a week it's been! Not only did the Gurs mullah the opposition in last weeks league match, despite fielding a weakened team and TIEing, they also held their nerve to progress to the 4th round of the cup, thanks to a thrilling two wicket win on Sunday.

A couple of first in my Cup game too. A maiden century for Greening, the first time the lower half of my order posted more runs than the top half, (Greening excluded), the first time I've had a Resp rated top order, despite only one of them making it past 11, and the first time I've ever had a Prof rated spin attack, come to that, the first time I've had a Prof rated anything!

No YP news, as I'm waiting to hopefully sell out my new 16K seater stadium twice on Friday and Sunday, in order to have the readies to repair it from Resp to Strong. But I now have 70 ITS in the bank to unleash on a few lucky youngsters, so fingers crossed for at least one Resp or better bowler!

In the short term I've got a few bids on cheapo Comp spinners, who whilst they won't be much use for very long, will do a job in this division while I've got sky-high morale, and will allow me to rest my better players against the dross. The transfer market is really bizarre ATM! People are paying absolutely stupid money for really very ordinary players, like a Comp/Comp all-rounder, admittedly with ******* secondaries, but going for over 200K, but then on the other hand, there's a Med/Comp spinning all-rounder, with okay Stam and secondaries, going for 40-oddK. I've got three or four bids on Comp spinners with Feeb/Med Stam and Secondaries, all for under 10K, yet people are bidding 100K and upwards for Resps with Abs/Woe Stam and Secs, who are, to my mind at least, worse players? If I get these Comps I've bid on, I'm half inclined to bung a few nets on them, get them up to Resp and fleece the cretins out there.

Great training update too! Greening became my first ever Sup player, about three weeks ahead of schedule according to my calculations, as he's 19yo, and has had six weeks on two batting nets since his last Pop. In fact he's proved a real investment, as well as a key player, as, since February when I signed him as a Prof Bat with Woe Stam and Abs Conc,for £265K, he's now progressed to a Sup Bat, with Med Stam and Feeb Conc. Mind you, that makes up for Bewers, who at 19yo, seems to be stuck on Prof Bowl/Comp Cons, after 11 weeks on two bowling nets. 19yo Noon also went to Comp WK, and so he'll take over from Carless behind the timber in three or four weeks. And his Conc went to Med too, and he's not a million miles off Prof bat, so perhaps we'll start to see a few decent knocks against meaningful opposition before long - Though he did bludgeon 164* against a Woe Rated attack last Friday, the second highest ever individual score for the Gurs. Finally, Patel popped to Feeb Stam, to add to his Prof Bat and Resp Conc, so that'll make him a bit more versatile around the batting order.

Like Paddy, I have a Tie/Pan dilemma. I'm currently Mod Fittness and OTM Morale, and I'm playing No.2 in my league tomorrow, and I have an almost unwinnable 4th Round Cup match on Sunday. Tomorrow's league opponents registered Feeb/Woe/Abs - Feeb/Wor/Feeb in their last league match, as opposed to my PAN ratings from Sunday of: Resp/Med/Abs - Med/Prof/Woe. I should win that on TIE, but guess I'd ought to PAN to make sure. But then again, my Cup oppos had ratings of Strong/Med/Abs - Resp/Resp/Feeb last time out, which I reckon is just within the grasp of my finger-nails, with a following wind and a bit of luck, so I'd kind'a like to TIE tomorrow in order to GFI in the Cup.

Thoughts? Later, Trev

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Depends, how old? 20 or over, perhaps quarter of a mill. 17/18, perhaps 400K? Although I'd qualify that by saying that's what I'd look to sell them for, if I were buying I'd be patient and hold out for no more than 175/200K for an older player, perhaps 300K for a young'un

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
After resting my main bowler for the first 2 rounds i decided to play him today and boy has he played well his figures Hook 10-4-24-7 and he has been the only wicket taker so far.

the score is End of Over 30: 98-7, runrate=3.27

nooga99

U19 12th Man
I held the National team manager's side to 276 from the 50 overs but have no hope of reaching seeing as he is playing his Nat team bowler Stanton.

cameeel

International Captain
Wizardry Warriors v Kipper XI

Wizardry Warriors: 84

Deane 39
Angel 13

Davies 4-20 (7.2)
Chambers 2-12 (5)

Kipper XI: 1-85

Brydon 41*
Dove 30*

Angel 1-14 (7)

MotM: Davies (4-20)

Result: Kipper XI win by 9 Wickets

brenoevo

U19 12th Man
Won my match easily enough against a team pretty similar to mine, they have 1 absolute gun bat 70000+ btr n crap bowlers against my 2 semi gun bats n crap bowlers. I won the toss and elected to bowl on their green pitch.
Grrrr 10/211 46.3 overs
Bolan 99 (91)
Hamilton 5/29 MOTM
Westhead 4/22 (now has 24 wickets @ 8.75 so far this season in 6 matches)

College Dropouts 0/213 28.3 overs
Jayasuriya 106 (91) not out (5th hundred in 6 innings for the season)
Kennedy 91 (81) not out (went past 3000 career runs)

Grrrr College Dropouts
Top Order: proficient strong
Middle Order: woeful feeble
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: mediocre competent
Spin Bowling: woeful mediocre
Fielding: feeble woeful

So much for Div 4 so far... but next 2 weeks should be pretty challenging as im up against the teams who came 1st and 2nd in this league last season.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Won my game fairly easily with Dunne taking what I think may be my team's first six-for.

St. Mary's Sloggers 144 (46.4)
Dunne 6/29 (8.4), Giles 3/18 (10 and five maidens), Erasmus 1/23 (8)

Magical Ponies 0/147 (22.2)
Griffin 74* (54), Farmer 63* (80)

Pretty happy with that. I'd set my ground to dusty and played Tedstone, Giles and Erasmus (all spinners) to see how I'd go, and I ended up with a seamer taking six. No bowler conceded over 29 runs, probably because all of them were on very defensive. Bit disappointed to see Canning not get any wickets, though. Good showing from Farmer too on debut, though he probably should've had a higher strike rate given he was on very attacking. Griffin's not out takes his average to 340 after 6 innings and 5 not outs, but only one hundred and two fifties.

Ratings:

Magical Ponies St Mary's Sloggers
Top Order: competent abysmal
Middle Order: feeble woeful
Lower Order: abysmal worthless
Seam Bowling: mediocre woeful
Spin Bowling: feeble abysmal
Fielding: woeful woeful
MOTM: Dunne

Canning playing (albeit on fair fitness) put my seam bowling up to mediocre, but other than just the same ratings as last time.

PY

International Coach
I'm getting pounded by my opposition this week. :(

Because of exams I didn't get chance to research the team I was playing against properly so using default tactics and getting beat heavily.

They got 326/3 off 50 and I'm 53/2 off 11 with two profs back in the pavilion. :(

mikeW

hey guys im considering selling this guy

Paul Heath - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,429
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, proficient batting form, strong bowling form, lively
An attacking player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: mediocre Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: competent Consistency: respectable
Fielding: worthless

how much could i get for him roughly?

33/3from3.3

He looks quite good
My guess would be 350K odd maybe
That's just me and i know next to nothing about transfer prices

Anyway, i have decided to play it safe and PAN for tommorow's league game
and thenTIE and get rumbled in the cup

PY

International Coach
Oopsy, 100/4.

Think my players are set to attacking all the way so wickets are tumbling fast.

Poo.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Jamee999 said:
How much would you guys expect a proficent bowler with all-right secondaries to go for?
Proficient players with "good" secondaries are going for heaps quite now.

Status
Not open for further replies.