• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hyden CC 8/213
Heard 4/44, Andrew 1/31, Cave 1/37

Magical Ponies 1/214 (38.2)
Andrew 101* (110), Griffin 56* (60), Kenna 52 (61)

Andrew with MOTM.
A bit upset that we didn't bowl them out, but I guess it was on TIE. Am pleased that my YP Griffin got a bat and did well. With my last few games being on TIE I can't wait to see how I go next week against a human team when I GFI. My ratings were mediocre everything except feeble fielding and abysmal lower order.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Has there just been a big run of culling?

The team that were top of my division with 12 from 12 have been replaced and several others have gone (since I'm the only one with players in the averages)

So some lucky person is basically guaranteed promotion (although I'm playing this week, so may GFI to try and beat them and stop that!)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Has there just been a big run of culling?

The team that were top of my division with 12 from 12 have been replaced and several others have gone (since I'm the only one with players in the averages)

So some lucky person is basically guaranteed promotion (although I'm playing this week, so may GFI to try and beat them and stop that!)
That's what happend in my division :D Though the leader was 11 from 12, and im going to win anyway

Scaly piscine

One of the teams in my division got changed earlier, now two other teams have no manager. One being an absolutely awful team I'm playing at home next week, I hope they aren't assigned a manager because I'd like to beat my PB of a 314 runs victory (and lay claim to some of my ground records).

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Christmas present from BT:
BT said:
The festive season is almost upon us, and all of us at the BT team would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, and a Happy new Year.

And because we are generous souls, we've given you all a little early present - 10 days Membership for all. Those that already have membership have had their subscription extended by 10 days.

Happy Christmas :)

Scaly piscine

Won my league match easily enough, Street again had amazing figures even tho he's a low competent (being 'destructive' certainly seems to help immensely) and Emmanuel my strong bowler didn't take a wicket... definitely giving him some fielding nets at some point to raise his consistency.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Aldred 7.5 1 16 5

Jamees 999ers 264/6 (50 overs)
Essex Eagles 69 129 (35.5 overs)

999ers win by 135 runs.

I move up to 5th, on NRR.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
how annoying, had this guy lined up (respectable 19yo batsman ) for 22,000 with the previous bidder offline and 3 minutes to go - the guy who's player it is comes and bids 50,000. Surely thats cheating?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
superkingdave said:
how annoying, had this guy lined up (respectable 19yo batsman ) for 22,000 with the previous bidder offline and 3 minutes to go - the guy who's player it is comes and bids 50,000. Surely thats cheating?
Yep, but I think it costs him a good 5k to do it...there are some taxes he has to pay

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Thats wierd, one of my players made a century in 61 balls yet his not in the top 15 fastest centuries for Australia....I guess they update it all after every country has played their matches

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
superkingdave said:
As Hakon said, he still has to pay a transfer fee. It's 5%, so he'd have to pay 2,500 just to keep his own player. It renews the player's contract as well, so he can't list him again for another 42 days.

brenoevo

U19 12th Man
Won my 4th win of the season in a very high scoring match but i am now stuck in 7th place so i am going to get relegated back to division 5.
College Dropouts 5/368 50overs
Kennedy 147 (132)
Frazer 69 (73)
Jayasuriya 62 (48)
defeating
Score-drengene 2/359 50overs
Pilgrim 136 (131)
McFadden 119 (76)

andyc

Wow you need to have a look at your bowlers if a team in your league gets 2/359 against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.