• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When Warne says Lyon bowls too straight, is he talking about today or generally? If it's the latter, I dont think that's accurate at all. Over the last few years, Lyon has done a great job using that wide of off line every time Ive watched him bowl.
Today. It was a strong feature earlier in his career and in my opinion it's never gone away completely.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
When Warne says Lyon bowls too straight, is he talking about today or generally? If it's the latter, I dont think that's accurate at all. Over the last few years, Lyon has done a great job using that wide of off line every time Ive watched him bowl.
What that **** means isn't an interesting topic of discussion IMO so I'll just offer up that I do think he's bowled too straight today.

social

Warne (and others) has been affected by Channel 9 producers wanting banter not technical analysis as the casual wont like it

Guy is a cricket genius

Tom Flint

International Regular
Keep going Rory has been grinding runs out for Surrey for the last 5 years need to stick around for us a bit longer yet

stephen

Siddle, Pattinson, Wade. It's like watching a different side today. So good to see Pattinson in Aussie colours.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Will aus turn to anyone later in the day to bowl a few seamers to save running Cummins and Pattinson into the ground?
Other options is making siddle do the donkey work or Smith and Lyon both ends

Starfighter

Someone should tell Warne that Lyon hasn't varied his pace in about five years.

Ofc he bowls a slightly slower one when I post. Why isn't he bowling there more?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warne (and others) has been affected by Channel 9 producers wanting banter not technical analysis as the casual wont like it

Guy is a cricket genius
His problem is more that when he comes up with an opinion he repeats it for 3-4 hours.

Starfighter

Good night. A disastrous two sessions after yesterday. Going to take a bit of a miracle in the last session to stop England getting a lead that will likely prove too much for our batsmen tomorrow.

I personally blame Joel Wilson.