• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

Spark

Global Moderator
Could be wrong but I reckon when Woakes and Broad come back the movement will magically reappear.
Pattinson's gotten enough movement. It's hard to judge whether Cummins would because he simply isn't bowling the right line or length where such movement would become apparent.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Happy to get through that lunch session one down when we could/should have been three down at least. Just reminded by the commentators that Aus only have 4 bowlers. Not a bad strategy to try and grind them out

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England's session but pretty good cricket all round. Feels like we're in a bit of a holding pattern right now - either England start to dominate a more tired attack later in the day and get 350+ and effectively bat Australia out of the Test, or Australia get more luck later in the day and nab them out for ~200. Just don't really know which way it'll go.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Poor bit of umpiring and terrible bit of reviewing/captaincy makes that a poor session. Easy to see England getting 400 or more from here, as their batting is very much focussed lower down.

Burgey

They’ll need a lot more Han 350 to be batting a side that got 280 out of the game.

Spark

Global Moderator
Happy to get through that lunch session one down when we could/should have been three down at least. Just reminded by the commentators that Aus only have 4 bowlers. Not a bad strategy to try and grind them out
Vital difference is that Lyon can be relied on to take a significant chunk of the workload though cf Moeen.

vcs

England need a good first innings here given they're a bowler short. Australia would be happy enough to bowl them out under 325, you'd think. Also, they'll face Lyon batting 4th.

morgieb

They’ll need a lot more Han 350 to be batting a side that got 280 out of the game.
I just think the pitch is going to get a fair bit worse to bat on from Day 3 onwards and I think Smith won't have the same sort of impact he did in the first.

Starfighter

England need a good first innings here given they're a bowler short. Australia would be happy enough to bowl them out under 325, you'd think. Also, they'll face Lyon batting 4th.
A long way to go to bowl them out for 325. Could easily get hundred or more lead.

Probably gonna be salty about that non-lbw for the next week.

Starfighter

I just think the pitch is going to get a fair bit worse to bat on from Day 3 onwards and I think Smith won't have the same sort of impact he did in the first.
It would be nice if one of the other cretins would stand up and score some runs for once.

Burgey

A long way to go to bowl them out for 325. Could easily get hundred or more lead.

Probably gonna be salty about that non-lbw for the next week.
There’s a long way to go to get to 325 as well. It’s a long way to 280 yet tbh. It’s not an easy pitch to bat/ score on unless you’re TPC.