• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
according to halba if australia haven't bowled the opposition out for 50, the bowlers must suck
I mean it's a little bit disappointing that we've only taken the one wicket thus far, but a lot of that has been down to bad luck. It's also a pretty dead deck right now. Certainly I don't think most of the bowlers (bar maybe Cummins?) have done much wrong.

Spark

Global Moderator
I mean it's a little bit disappointing that we've only taken the one wicket thus far, but a lot of that has been down to bad luck. It's also a pretty dead deck right now. Certainly I don't think most of the bowlers (bar maybe Cummins?) have done much wrong.
Yeah Cummins hasn't bowled well in his first 8 overs.

Clearly that means we have to ignore his 94 wickets @ 22 in his career and drop him immediately.

vcs

Burns is going well. 40 for an English opener in the post-Cook era is like gold dust.

flibbertyjibber

Funny, I got crucified yesterday for saying there wasn't a lot in the deck and it was a typical English wicket. 8-)

Burgey

Fmd Root is awful these days. This is england 1990s standard batting it’s that bad.

morgieb

Yeah Cummins hasn't bowled well in his first 8 overs.

Clearly that means we have to ignore his 94 wickets @ 22.6 in his career and drop him immediately.
The funny thing with Cummins is that I've always had a suspicion that he'd not go all that great with the Dukes. But the idea of dropping him based on one spell is mind-bogglingly stupid.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Funny, I got crucified yesterday for saying there wasn't a lot in the deck and it was a typical English wicket. 8-)
There was a lot more in the deck yesterday, and the movement has eased up today, as I said it would. It's turning way more than a typical English wicket on day two.

Uppercut

There was a lot more in the deck yesterday, and the movement has eased up today, as I said it would. It's turning way more than a typical English wicket on day two.
Could be wrong but I reckon when Woakes and Broad come back the movement will magically reappear.