• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your XI?

Tom Flint

International Regular
From since ive been alive
Hayden
Cook
Gooch
Ponting
Smith
S.waugh
Gilchrist
Flintoff
Warne
Anderson
Mcgrath

Gob

International Coach
Should we base their performances entirely on Ashes?

Assuming that, Aus xi

Morris
Taylor *
Bradman
Border
Waugh SR
Miller
Haddin
Warne
Johnson
Lillee
McGrath

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hobbs
Hutton
Bradman (c)
Border
Waugh, S
Botham
Miller
Gilchrist (wk)
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
Well based on a combination of how good a player one was and how they performed in an Ashes series, especially how crucial they were to their team winning, I have picked:

1. Hayden
2. Hobbs
3. Bradman
4. Ponting c
5. KP
6. Botham
7. Gilchrist wk
8. Warne
9. Lillee
10. Thomson
11. McGrath

I think it is a pretty straightforward team with the Australians making up the bulk of the side and rightfully so.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Well based on a combination of how good a player one was and how they performed in an Ashes series, especially how crucial they were to their team winning, I have picked:

1. Hayden
2. Hobbs
3. Bradman
4. Ponting c
5. KP
6. Botham
7. Gilchrist wk
8. Warne
9. Lillee
10. Thomson
11. McGrath

I think it is a pretty straightforward team with the Australians making up the bulk of the side and rightfully so.
???

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain

To be honest I do not know who'd captain. I want to try and get Border in there somewhere.

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
Good to see the above poster kept within the parameters of the BBCs selection rules. Miller could easily have joined my team if I was allowed two all rounders.

Surprised Tyson would get a call above some of the other faster men listed.

S.Kennedy

Good to see the above poster kept within the parameters of the BBCs selection rules. Miller could easily have joined my team if I was allowed two all rounders.

Surprised Tyson would get a call above some of the other faster men listed.
I'm going off Benaud and Bradman (and some footage) that Tyson was the fastest the game has ever seen.

S.Kennedy

That is not a very good thing to go off.
Why? Benaud - who also played against Trueman and Wes Hall - actually played against Typhoon Tyson. Bradman played against Larwood. They both lived long enough to witness the arrival of Lillee, Thompson, Roberts, Gardner, Holding and Marshall - Benaud in his guise as correspondent saw these cricketers perhaps more than anyone. Benaud further lived long enough to witness Akhtar, Lee, Johnson.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I decided to pick 2 spinners as I've got Hammond, Waugh and Milller at 4-6.
Hutton
Sutcliffe
Bradman
Hammond
S Waugh
Miller
Gilchrist
Warne
Laker
Lillee
McGrath

S.Kennedy

Just realised, Hutton can be my captain.

I would have liked Border somewhere for his captaincy actually and had to leave Botham out also despite his exploits in 1981 and 1986-7, my all-rounder being Keith Miller. If I was going for two spinners at the SCG, I'd drop Tyson for Laker; I would have Hammond also which would be a more than apt attack on a bunsen however unlikely.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year

1. Hayden
2. Hobbs
3. Bradman
4. Ponting c
5. KP
6. Botham
7. Gilchrist wk
8. Warne
9. Lillee
10. Thomson
11. McGrath

I dont see how KP makes this side and whats with Ponting as skipper? Iirc the only Aussie captain to have lost 3 Ashes series.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sticking to the formula of having to have an all rounder at six, I’d have

Hutton
Hobbs
Bradman
Hammond
Border
Miller
Gilchrist
Davo
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

If an all rounder wasn’t mandatory I’d slot G Chappell in at five and TOTAB would move to six. If two spinners required I’d reluctantly let Davo go back to the Shield for the weekend and have Underwood in the side.

S Waugh unlucky. Lots of England blokes unlucky as well, for not being talented enough.

S.Kennedy

Vaughan's Ashes XI
Hobbs
Sutcliffe
Bradman
Ponting
S. Waugh * (would've went for Jardine if he could).
Botham
Gilchrist +
Warne
Lillee
McGrath
M. Johnson

Tufnell's
Hobbs
Sutcliffe
Bradman
Border *
D. Compton
Botham
Gilchrist +
Warne
Lillee
Thompson
McGrath

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Miller Botham and Gilchrist in the middle order would bring a lot of flexibility. Just messing around here, but:

Hobbs
Sutcliffe
Bradman
G.Chappell
Hammond
Miller
Botham
Gilchrist
Trumble/Laker/Vertity/Rhodes/Underwood
Warne
McGrath

Redbacks