• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Series 2 Predictions

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
****ing nostradamus......that's incredible!!

Now I have someone to blame for this.

Edit:

I really should read threads properly before posting...........good work:laugh:

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Result: Australia 2-3 England
Most runs: KP/Warner
Most wickets: Anderson/Siddle
Left field selection: Coulter-Nile
Surprise dropping: Root
The Ashes Infractions: Australia, mainly due to the fact that most of the trolls tend to be Australia. Probably England out of pre-existing members though.
Other miscellaneous: Warne to become main selector for Australia, and convinces England to select Jim Allenby at Perth because "he knows the local conditions".
Result: Oh dear
Most runs: Tick, tick
Most wickets: Cross, cross. Neither an awful guess but neither panned out the way it did.
Left field selection: Went close, he did make the squad.
Surprise dropping: tick.
The Ashes Infractions: ????
Other miscellaneous: Well, tongue in cheek this one :p

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Result: 2-1 England
Runs: Cook/Smith
Wickets: Broad/Harris
Left field selection: Fawad Ahmed by Boxing Day
Surprise dropping: Lyon (fairly unsurprising tbf), Carberry
Miscellaneous: Clarke to miss at least one Test from his back, Johnson to be rubbish but still play at Adelaide and Perth, Smith to take at least 5 wickets.
One out of ten, get around me.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Result: Australia 2-1 England
Most runs: KP and Clarke
Most wickets: Jimmeh and Harris
Left field selection: England will select a fast bowler who's under 8 foot tall, Australia will entertain the idea of selecting 2 batsmen
Surprise dropping: Shane Watson once the selectors finally realise he's hopeless
The Ashes Infractions: We've got sledger, although none of his infractions will have anything to do with the series.
Other miscellaneous: Australia will smash us at Perth. David Gower will get fired after strangling Shane Warne live on TV after he utters the phrase "have to be prepared to lose in order to win" for the 14,000th time that day. Nasser Hussein will shortly follow suit after taking exception to Warne explaining that "if it seams, it spins."
I'm claiming a small victory on being one of the few to predict an Australian win, even if the margin was hopelessly out. Believe KP was England's top run scorer, and I'm claiming my Australian left field selection. Also claiming the "Australia will smash us at Perth" - unfortunately the sentence is missing "and Brisbane, and Adelaide, and Melbourne, and Sydney."

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Aus to win it 3-1
Most runs - Clarke and Pietersen
Most wickets - Harris and Broad
Selection (Aus) - Ashton Agar to be brought back for the crucial 4th test when it's tied at 1-1, taking back-to-back 5-fers and hit a couple of vital 50s
England - Compton to be brought into the side when Cook's back gives up the ghost
The Aus win was predictable to anyone who'd actually watched the series in England, but obviously I never saw Johnson coming, and I did think we'd have a more resolve than what we actually showed.

Was KP our top scorer? Doesn't matter either way, they were all a ****ing disgrace.

Burgey

Yeah yeah, that's all well and good, but how fantastic was me tipping Johnson for MOTS?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Inside info IMO. Series needs to be investigated. Result voided pending inquiry. Return the urn you ****s.

Daemon

karan316 or whatever deserves some credit for having so much faith in Johnson