• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Only ODI - Ireland v England

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Nope, just that England aren't any good.

Australia aren't a bad side at all when they try and play games to win. Won't be at their strongest with the worlds best one day fast bowler out, but they're still a better team than England.
Hmm. I'd expect Australia to win this series, but I'm not sure that with both sides full strength Australia are better. Certainly hasn't looked that way the last six games they've played against each other.

that's funny but I don't see any aussies at the top of the icc one day bowling rankings. Must be talking about Mckay who is at no.7.
He's talking about Mitchell Starc. Starc is their Finn. Serviceable to average in tests, brilliant in white ball cricket.

stumpski

International Captain
Inevitable that Rankin would be among the wickets today, wasn't it. Just needs Morgan to ton up now.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Hmm. I'd expect Australia to win this series, but I'm not sure that with both sides full strength Australia are better. Certainly hasn't looked that way the last six games they've played against each other.

He's talking about Mitchell Starc. Starc is their Finn. Serviceable to average in tests, brilliant in white ball cricket.
I knew the **** who he was talking about. He just seemed to be such a fastidious follower of the icc rankings I thought I'd give him a dose of irony.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Inevitable that Rankin would be among the wickets today, wasn't it. Just needs Morgan to ton up now.
Suspect that latter is far less inevitable. Could really do with getting some actual runs today though. Hasn't made a fifty for England this year...

theegyptian

This could be very tough to chase down. We've basically got a whole team of batsmen playing for their spots so they may be a bit cautious and nervous. + this would be a competitive score if we had our best batting lineup out.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm interested to see how Dockrell bowls, he did pretty well against the touring Australians a while back.

stumpski

International Captain
So the most successful bowler won't get his 10 overs - Willis might have something to say about that.

Makes Carberry's single over seem even more bizarre.

theegyptian

This really has been poor; not that we weren't expecting it. Just really scrappy from most of the fielders + keeper. Bowlers untidy.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Decent effort that, could have used one of the more aggressive batsmen playing the big knock but the bowlers can't complain if they don't defend 270.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Stokes is not an international standard front-line seamer; he's certainly no Andrew Flintoff, as suggested earlier in the thread. If he was to bowl regularly at the death, and in the first 10, I think Jade Dernbach could have a bit of competition for his sought-after record.

Spark

Global Moderator
Stokes is not an international standard front-line seamer; he's certainly no Andrew Flintoff, as suggested earlier in the thread. If he was to bowl regularly at the death, and in the first 10, I think Jade Dernbach could have a bit of competition for his sought-after record.
Cribb and I were talking just now that he looks very very Mitch Marsh in how he bowls - reasonable action and all that, but very straight-up-and-down. Might put in a tidy spell at 4.5 an over with the odd wicket, but also might get absolutely hammered every now and then. Some of the balls he was bowling just looked very juicy to be bowling at the death.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Stokes has a good, skiddy trajectory, which I'd suggest means he needs to be bowling yorkers more often than not if he's going to bowl at the death. There were too many half-tracker change-ups for someone who isn't particularly quick and doesn't use his height. Could be useful if he gets a bit of reverse; not a frontline bowler at the moment for me.

theegyptian

Taylor still looking like a guy who is never going to score runs through the offside.

On some levels Carberry's debut here has been worse than Kerrigan. To some extent you could see why Kerrigan as a 24 year old would be overawed by the occasion. Caberry has experience of test cricket and this should be a last chance at international cricket. He needs to take it and not be overawed by the situation.

Insipid start by England. Need Wright to get a score because if Ballance and Taylor get together it'll be slow going at the start.

jackbyrne91

School Boy/Girl Captain
This is awful again. What has happened to our mojo? Luke Wright opening the batting and is on 5 off 19 balls?

He scored 143 not out off 68 balls only two weeks ago.

Negative England at work again no doubt here. And Wright is out.

F*ck off Giles.