Cricket Player Manager
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: England Tour Squad for Australia

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Johann's Avatar
    Rumours are that Panesar has got a lot of personal issues and it goes a bit deeper than him just being a bit of a dick.

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    Rumours are that Panesar has got a lot of personal issues and it goes a bit deeper than him just being a bit of a dick.
    Not wanting to seem to soppy, but hope he gets some help (IF that is true of course) and isn't just abandoned.

Knock with Monty is he's turned into a pisshead.

Was teetotal until a couple of years ago, but has embraced the falling dowm juice with both kidneys.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    The dick sure goes deeper.
    Last edited by MW1304; 15-08-2013 at 08:29 AM.

But seriously I hope he gets some help if that is the case.

Not going deeper, the alcohol thing.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Tremlett must play in Australia after seeing Clarke against the short ball yesterday. Either that or Finn needs to sort himself out.

With Kerrigan all but booking a trip to Aus Panasar may find it hard to get back in, Tremlett surely has to come as well
    RIP Phillip Hughes (1988-2014)

Comms on TMS were adamant Tredwell should get the backup spinner gig if Monty doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Comms on TMS were adamant Tredwell should get the backup spinner gig if Monty doesn't
    ew, Tredwell will do nothing in Australia, can't even get wickets in CC, just bring Monty ffs

Feel very much for Monty. People go through these things from time to time but it must be extremely tough as a professional sportsman to have your career on the line because of personal issues. And I know people are going to say that he hasn't been bowling well, but he's coming off the India tour where he was superb, and let's face it, England selectors have been more than faithful to the likes of Finn, Tremlett and even Broad recently. Panesar is not the best bowler in the world but he's a proven test quality spinner.

I understand that Sussex have an image to protect as well, but you'd hope there'd be a bit of understanding around these things. All it takes for someone to go through these times is a relationship break up. Or in his case perhaps a crisis of faith or a discovery of a drug that's caused addiction, depression and fatal traffic accidents for millennia.

These issue are already humiliating enough for a person dealing with them in the public eye without the added financial and social stresses of an end to a career.

Well with a bit of luck it's a position on that tour as important as the backup keeper, ie only there for an injury.

Can't see why there would be any two spinner decks served up, it would be a bit silly really after how Swann has gone in this series

There is no way a 2 spinner deck will be prepared, Sydney and Adelaide will probably turn later on though. I highly doubt you'll need anyone other than Swann tbh, Anderson. Broad and another tall seamer would be the ideal make-up for mine

My thoughts exactly

Anderson-Broad-Tremlett-Swann for me.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    Feel very much for Monty. People go through these things from time to time but it must be extremely tough as a professional sportsman to have your career on the line because of personal issues. And I know people are going to say that he hasn't been bowling well, but he's coming off the India tour where he was superb, and let's face it, England selectors have been more than faithful to the likes of Finn, Tremlett and even Broad recently. Panesar is not the best bowler in the world but he's a proven test quality spinner.

I understand that Sussex have an image to protect as well, but you'd hope there'd be a bit of understanding around these things. All it takes for someone to go through these times is a relationship break up. Or in his case perhaps a crisis of faith or a discovery of a drug that's caused addiction, depression and fatal traffic accidents for millennia.

These issue are already humiliating enough for a person dealing with them in the public eye without the added financial and social stresses of an end to a career.
    tbf he's also coming off the NZ tour where he wasn't very good and a poor season for Sussex.

It's also a bit naive to always blame incidents that involve drinking and drugs on family, relationships, financial and other personal problems. I'd wager most of the time it's just people being idiots.
    Last edited by Daemon; 22-08-2013 at 01:48 AM.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information