• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith's century shot was ****ing awesome. Nothing like the Gayle-esque launch shot to bring up your first ton.

Ruckus

International Captain
the score is a bit weird tbh. implies that England have steamrolled us when that's only been the case in one Test
hmm I've been pretty concerned with the nature of the defeats more than anything though - i.e. choking, collapsing, being repeatedly bailed out by the tail etc. That's why I don't want to get too carried away here yet, because the one factor that I think has been the biggest problem in this series for a lot of our top order batsmen - performing under pressure - is largely null in a 5th test dead rubber.

Spark

Global Moderator
hmm I've been pretty concerned with the nature of the defeats more than anything though - i.e. choking, collapsing, being repeatedly bailed out by the tail etc. That's why I don't want to get too carried away here yet, because the one factor that I think has been the biggest problem in this series for a lot of our top order batsmen - performing under pressure - is largely null in a 5th test dead rubber.
That's mental fragility, basically. And excellent bowling.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Really good running between the wickets there on debut. Forkers has looked fairly tentative so far.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
disappointing stuff from the oval crowd. not treating their new god with the respect he deserves

Ruckus

International Captain
That's mental fragility, basically. And excellent bowling.
yeah it is mostly mental fragility imo (some obv technical issues notwithstanding). You mentioned that this must be the first time in ages two of our top order batsmen other than Clarke have tonned up...well given the context of this match, I can't say I think it's entirely a coincidence it happened now. In any case though, it's still good for players like Watson and Smith to get the 100 monkey of their back before the Aus series.