Page 50 of 240 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

Thread: *Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Do you think his technique in this regard has changed that much from when he was making some runs a few years back?
    I do. He's always been like this to some extent, it's not totally a new problem by any stretch, but I do think it's more pronounced now. At his best Watson scored a lot of runs straight down the ground (as he does as I type this) and through straight midwicket. It's always a good sign when Watson's flick for four actually goes between midwicket and mid on rather than between midwicket and square leg; it's a real pointer to him batting well as it means his head is more or less over the ball at the point of contact. He hasn't hit the ball straight of midwicket with any regularity since the 2009/10 season really.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 21-08-2013 at 05:33 AM.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

U19 Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Atherton drawing a pretty thin bow with his comments about Warne getting wickets in Brisbane.
    Yeah wasn't expecting him to basically shoot Warne down in flames like that. Obviously the absolute hammerings doled out by Warne and co still smart all these years later.

Watto looking imperious here, thank god it's just in time for this dead rubber.

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    You reckon that's a Shane Watson plan or a Random Coach X plan? edit @b3nchmark
    Last edited by Riggins; 21-08-2013 at 05:31 AM.
    The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Twatto looking worryingly good here. Gave that ball a good clobbering.
    www.proudtofight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome...it's a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover (or should that be deep square-leg) for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

Watson doing the trick here, both number 3 and 6 looking OK for him, good foil to Rogers
    There are two colours in my head

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I do. He's always been like this to some extent, it's not totally a new problem by any stretch, but I do think it's more pronounced now. At his best Watson scored a lot of runs straight down the ground (as he does as I type this) and through straight midwicket. It's always a good sign when Watson's flick for four actually goes between midwicket and mid on rather than between midwicket and square leg; it's a real pointer to him batting well as it means his head is more or less over the ball at the point of contact. He hasn't hit the ball straight of midwicket with any regularity since the 2009/10 really.
    Been going about 70-80% you reckon?

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Kerrigan? He's dreamin'
    NUFAN and andyc like this.

I do. He's always been like this to some extent, it's not totally a new problem by any stretch, but I do think it's more pronounced now. At his best Watson scored a lot of runs straight down the ground (as he does as I type this) and through straight midwicket. It's always a good sign when Watson's flick for four actually goes between midwicket and mid on rather than between midwicket and square leg; it's a real pointer to him batting well as it means his head is more or less over the ball at the point of contact. He hasn't hit the ball straight of midwicket with any regularity since the 2009/10 really.
    Exactly my point PEWS. Its not only technique, its when he is trying to hit it straight/defend it straighter. CUT OUT the shots to Fine Leg Watto.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

Brings up Watto's half century on kerrigan's debut delievery. Where is Swingpanzee anyway?

International Regular
    Good knock from Watto. Glad he is off strike though.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Well batted Twatto. What odds on him doubling it though?

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    At his best Watson scored a lot of runs straight down the ground (as he does as I type this) and through straight midwicket. It's always a good sign when Watson's flick for four actually goes between midwicket and mid on rather than between midwicket and square leg; it's a real pointer to him batting well as it means his head is more or less over the ball at the point of contact.

Yeah, that's the thing. I kinda think that cos he looks so good smashing some stuff off the stumps early, guys strayed away from it a bit. Whereas now they just try and hit him on the pads every ball.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    i remind everyone that the oval was the only english ground matt hayden scored a ton at
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Exactly my point PEWS. Its not only technique, its when he is trying to hit it straight/defend it straighter. CUT OUT the shots to Fine Leg Watto.
    Nah it's his technique that dictates that. If he his isn't falling as far away across then it opens up the opportunity to play straighter.

International Regular
    Absolute pie from Kerrigan. I really would have bowled a seamer.

Thread Information