• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Siddle really has to work on his pace though. I don't think he topped 140ks once. Really needs some meat, actually looks a bit gaunt around the face.
Do you reckon Trent Bridge even offers a veggie option?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Fox talking about Warner now, I'm just pissed off he's gonna steal game-time from some poor batsmen in Aus a, hope he fails majorly and stays away from the test side for at least 9 more tests.

Ruckus

International Captain
Can only wonder just how good Trott would be if he had a bit more of an expansive game. Combine that with his ice cold mental game and he could be a world beater.

Spikey

Hahahah I didn't know one of Lyon's wickets in the Somerset tour game was a batsman playing a block, and the ball bouncing onto the stumps. So at Somerset he had that, a hella lucky LBW, and Hughes catching a smashed long hop, and one other wicket

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Fox talking about Warner now, I'm just pissed off he's gonna steal game-time from some poor batsmen in Aus a, hope he fails majorly and stays away from the test side for at least 9 more tests.
He has replaced Smith so it's not a huge change. Of course some young gun could have replaced Smith and been given a chance, but its not as though Warner is taking a spot from someone who was named in the original squad.

****ing useless ****s at gem
Watch on Fox Sports 2 mate, so much better, I don't care that mine isn't in HD.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Can only wonder just how good Trott would be if he had a bit more of an expansive game. Combine that with his ice cold mental game and he could be a world beater.
How much better do you want him to be? Averages over 50 in Tests and ODi's, and has scored 13 international centuries. I can get a tad frustrated by his scoring rate in ODi's sometimes, but generally, he's a magnificent player. Him and Cook make for a fantastically efficient top order, and if Joe Root can establish himself alongside them, we'll have a superb top 3.

Spikey

He has replaced Smith so it's not a huge change. Of course some young gun could have replaced Smith and been given a chance, but its not as though Warner is taking a spot from someone who was named in the original squad.

The bigger problem is that Finch has been made captain, which is nice and all, but he shouldn't actually play in the FC games

King Pietersen

International Captain
Four from Pietersen. Bit of a wild jab, did not look good, type of shot that could very easily have got him out.

Or, you know, he could edge the next ball behind. Muppet. KP gone.