• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

howardj

International Coach
Can't believe Haddin

What a retrograde step

They dropped him because of his batting and keeping, and now recalling him because there is a leadership void

It seems like they pick guys to fill voids e.g. leadership void, all rounder void, good team man void (Cowan)

And leave blokes out because of non-cricket stuff (O'Keefe, attitude), homework-gate, and now it looks like Usman too

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kevin Bartlett bagging Haddin's selection and vice-captaincy promotion. Benchy cracking the ****s so hard aws.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Some bogans from Melbourne on his side too.

I believe bogans from Melbourne are Benchy's favourite people after Caroline Wilson, uvelocity and Julia Gillard.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
ftr I have made my dislike for Haddin known on this forum, but he is easily in Australia's best XI for the Ashes. That I have no doubt.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean it's ****ing crazy to be against the Haddin move. Absolutely crazy.

But this is the modern CW we live in.

Burgey

Can't believe Haddin

What a retrograde step

They dropped him because of his batting and keeping, and now recalling him because there is a leadership void

It seems like they pick guys to fill voids e.g. leadership void, all rounder void, good team man void (Cowan)

And leave blokes out because of non-cricket stuff (O'Keefe, attitude), homework-gate, and now it looks like Usman too
You're kidding yourself if you don't think Haddin is many times the keeper Wade is. When he left the WI tour he had been playing injured, then he had the awful situation with his daughter.

Wade is a more than capable batsman, but his keeping is diabolical. He's cost us that many wickets since his tenure began that it's almost Zoehrer-like. In fact, tbf Zoehrer was a far better keeper than Wade. There isn't any way replacing Wade with Haddin weakens the Test side. He's every bit as likely to score runs in England as Wade, and is infinitely more likely to complete dismissals off the both the quicks and off Lyon.

Burgey

I think this side is being announced at the Mint Museum up in Macquarie Street.

I'll pop along and have a few chuckles at Invers and Co, then report back before heading to Cafe Sydney for lunch.

Burgey

I've got a suspicion that when the first Test rolls around Watson won't be in it. Not saying i necessarily agree with that, but unless he's bowling, I reckon he's in for the chop.

benchmark00

You might well be right you know.

Watson is bowling aws, if he remains fit he'll bowl in the Ashes too I imagine.

benchmark00

I actually think the great majority on CW believe

a) Haddin > Wade as a keeper
b) Haddin > Wade as a batsman
c) Haddin should be playing ahead of Wade, despite age gap.
I may be just looking back with rose tinted glasses, but I'd like to believe there was a time when no one would be crazy enough to think picking Haddin would be a bad move.

Then again, the mind tends to go in one's autumn years...