• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to 2013 Ashes

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Squad as tweeted by Cricinfo:

Clarke (c), Haddin (vc), Cowan, Hughes, Warner, Watson, Khawaja, Rogers, Wade, Faulkner, Harris, Siddle, Pattinson, Starc, Lyon, Bird.

Lyon the sole spinner, fascinating. Another kick in the guts for SOK. No Johnson, Hilf or Smith either; stiff on Smitteh.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I love the squad. Think the selectors have done as good a job as possible. Now we have sufficient time to prepare so I don't mind the early announcement.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Silly to pick 5 openers. Otherwise it's fine. Wouldn't have gone with Forkers but it doesn't matter, bit of a dearth in proper allrounders. McDonald injured in the wrong season.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
pretty tough imo, one of the few who actually performed in india, thought he'd earned first shot at the 6 spot
Yeah, I think it's a more realistic scenario that Smith will be needed than Faulkner, given we've already picked five quicks and Faulkner's a 7 at the very best.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Silly to pick 5 openers. Otherwise it's fine. Wouldn't have gone with Forkers but it doesn't matter, bit of a dearth in proper allrounders. McDonald injured in the wrong season.
Remind me again how opening experience is a bad thing, regardless of where you bat in the order.

It's an addition to your skillset. You're not trading it off for anything.

uvelocity

International Coach
happy with that overall. yeah wouldn't go with forkers either, and don't know what either smith or moises did wrong

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah, I think it's a more realistic scenario that Smith will be needed than Faulkner, given we've already picked five quicks and Faulkner's a 7 at the very best.
I can potentially see the selectors picking Haddin at 6 and Faulkner at 7 and being part of a 4 man pace attack.

I definitely want the traditional 6 bats, keeper, 3 quicks, spinner come the first Test though.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
FWIW, with the cattle we've been given:

1. Cowan
2. Warner
3. Hughes
4. Khawaja
5. Clarke
6. Watson (only if bowling, otherwise Rogers)
7. Haddin
8. Harris
9. Siddle
10. Pattinson
11. Lyon

12. Bird