• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Damn it, knew Cook would miss the double this time around :dry: Would have been too good to be true

joels344

U19 Debutant
Wow, I thought for sure he would get 200. This is why I love test cricket. Well bowled Watson and an absolute amazing innings from Cook.

vcs

It's amazing how Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney looked like roads when England were batting and minefields when Australia came out to bat.

benchmark00

Cook's unwaivering concentration has been by far the most impressive aspect of his batting. He has had a game plan and has stuck to it perfectly, only focusing on his zones and being patient until they bowl a ball which is conducive to scoring runs in those zones. Awesome stuff from him. Has been a treat to watch him play.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Well played Cook!

You never know what could happen here. Restrict England to a 150 run lead, and Australia make 300-350 in their innings and give England a tricky 150-200 run chase on what could well be a real wearing fifth day wicket.

Australia certainly not out of it "yet".

Zinzan

Cook has well & truly proved me wrong in this series. Had always considered he was a bit of a Stephen Fleming with the bat, tall & elegant, but unable to convert 50s to 100s, obviously not the case.

JBH001

International Regular
Raced back home from work to watch Cook make his double. :(

Well played, Cook. Pity his concentration slipped to what was really an undemanding delivery, but you get that after 491 minutes at the crease. What a series he has had.

hazsa19

International Regular
Top innings, love it how he still looks gutted to be out after scoring 189 and 700 for the series!

Burgey

1) pretty sure i've played more competitive cricket than you
2) this is a cricket forum , not a cricket experts commentary site (as one can deduce from ur **** posts)
3) you are a ****.
Well if you have you're just showing that to play cricket doesn't mean you know shot about it

Zinzan

Well played Cook!

You never know what could happen here. Restrict England to a 150 run lead, and Australia make 300-350 in their innings and give England a tricky 150-200 run chase on what could well be a real wearing fifth day wicket.

Australia certainly not out of it "yet".
Long bow James, I'd be massively surprised if it's not either a England victory or a draw, then again, until the fat lady gets her vocal cords into action, you never know.