Page 62 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus0723 View Post
    Thanks guys.

What ground has the highest seating capacity?
    You mean cricket grounds? Easily the MCG, Eden Gardens would be next with 82,000 capacity (thanks, wiki).
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    You mean cricket grounds? Easily the MCG, Eden Gardens would be next with 82,000 capacity (thanks, wiki).
    You mean there isn't an English ground in the top five or ten capacity-wise?

Shock me. Mind you, look at the way they've played for 130 odd years. No wonder they want as few people as possible to watch it.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
    This series is different to others though. A draw (with England retaining the Ashes) is basically just as bad.

Providing England close out this match, I'd actually prefer we lose in Sydney (and badly) in the hope some changes might take place. I really don't want us to dominate in Sydney because it will gloss over some of the serious flaws shown by this team.
    Yes it would not bother me in the slightest if we were to lose at Sydney after retaining the Ashes here.

In my lifetime I can remember something like 3 Test match victories in Australia. Retaining the Ashes would be incredible, I still don't dare to believe.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post

Shock me. Mind you, look at the way they've played for 130 odd years. No wonder they want as few people as possible to watch it.
    There won't be too many convicts there watching over the next few days though.

Just a quick word to TumTum or whoever it is who comes on here bagging Steve Smith all the time.

Lay off, ****. Not in the mood.

Best part of the day was watching Warne bowling to Hugh Jackman in the nets outside the ground. Impressive amount of the Poms at the ground, but they seemed to be spread out a fair bit. Hugely disappointed in today's result, which essentially saw us throw away whatever chance we had of regaining the urn, but I can't say I'm surprised. This is pretty much what would have happened in all the other games if not for Hussey.

What's your obsession with England's cricket grounds' capacity??

I've been attending Test matches in England for about 15 years and i've never thought to myself 'this would be so much better with 30,000 more people'.

Lords, Trent Bridge, Oval, Edgbaston and Headingley are all fantastic cricket grounds.

Nice short stuff by Smith to help Cook pile on more agony.

Men against boys here once more.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Steve Smith
    Close to terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    There won't be too many convicts there watching over the next few days though.
    Why do you say that? There will be 30-50,000 people there tomorrow, most likely. Just because the smelly end of the ground will be making the most noise doesn't mean they are the majority.

Englishman have been gobbing off disproportionately for centuries.

Ridiculous comment really. You could fit four of your village green sized grounds into the MCG. If there was the demand for bigger grounds in England it would be fulfilled. Plainly, historically, people don't turn up there.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    How many overs until stumps? Cook looking good to ton up before the close of play.

Lovely partnership boys, beautiful batting.

Did they drop in a different pitch when we were waiting to start our innings?

Why do you say that? There will be 30-50,000 people there tomorrow, most likely. Just because the smelly end of the ground will be making the most noise doesn't mean they are the majority.

Ridiculous comment really. You could fit four of your village green sized grounds into the MCG. If there was the demand for bigger grounds in England it would be fulfilled. Plainly, historically, people don't turn up there.
    I say that as your fairweather countrymen don't turn up to see you get flogged. Remember Adelaide and Brisbane?

Quote Originally Posted by hazsa19 View Post
    What's your obsession with England's cricket grounds' capacity??

I've been attending Test matches in England for about 15 years and i've never thought to myself 'this would be so much better with 30,000 more people'.

Lords, Trent Bridge, Oval, Edgbaston and Headingley are all fantastic cricket grounds.
    Well **** me mate. It's meant to be your national summer sport isn't it? There are 60 million people live there and you have suburban grounds for tests.

I don't give a tinker's personally, let alone being obsessed with it, but it's idiotic for someone to say "there won't be any Aussies there ho, ho, ho" when the crowd, even half full, will exceed the capacity of the biggest ground in England.

Do you have any idea how expensive and just plain impossible in terms of city planning it would be to expand Lords or the Oval or any of our grounds to the size of the MCG?

Thread Information