• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dying of laughter here...

Really don't see why it is not a real possibility that we bowl them out for 400, then make a big second innings total on a FLAT wicket. Sure, the chase would only be about 200, but it's still a chance.
It's not just that Australia are a million miles behind in this match, they're also not half as good as England. Steve Waugh's Australia might have a realistic outside chance of salvaging something here but this side need to basically learn how to not be dog**** at cricket overnight.

It's especially strange that you're aiming for 400- if Australia have a chance here it's by nabbing England for a bit under 300 and batting them into the dust- they're not really good enough at batting to do it but it's what they have to be aiming for because matches don't end on the second day.

I know it's flat, but Adelaide was flatter.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm glad the **** weather came out today, it means that whinging ****s like Burgey can't blame the weather for the filth's innings defeat

Ruckus

International Captain
It's not just that Australia are a million miles behind in this match, they're also not half as good as England.
Half as good? Are you kidding me? The dominance of the English team has been overstated in this series. First test: England had to fight back to get a draw. Australia were the only team with a chance of a win. Second test: England dominate. Third test: Australia dominate.
There is nothing on paper between the sides.

Uppercut

Half as good? Are you kidding me? The dominance of the English team has been overstated in this series. First test: England had to fight back to get a draw. Australia were the only team with a chance of a win. Second test: England dominate. Third test: Australia dominate.
98ao

Burgey

I'm glad the **** weather came out today, it means that whinging ****s like Burgey can't blame the weather for the filth's innings defeat
Yeah, that's me, praying for rain, like I always do.

****head. Go out in the snow and get pleurisy will you?

Stapel

International Regular
Stranger things have happened. It's not likely, but we have to have some optimism.
Well, you're pretty damn right that some very strange things can happen in cricket! Let's hope the Aussies keep this series alive in whatever way!
But as a more or less neutral observer, I have given up hopes this will come right..

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This match has seemed a bit like an Edgbaston match (without the hilarious Brummy wits), all depending on the overcast conditions, totally different pitch when the sun's out, which is why I don't think DeusEx is being that ridiculous. If the Crims get incredibly lucky with the weather who knows. Yet agree with Uppercut, anything near 400 and they're dead, whatever the conditions.

Burgey

Oooooh look, the Barmy Army has a bugler.

Truly day is da best fanz in da world. Surprised they haven't rioted yet. Hooligans.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ha, were you involved with the Dunkirk videos? Where's Furball with the Iraq pic?

Yeah, that's me, praying for rain, like I always do.

****head. Go out in the snow and get pleurisy will you?
I meant you can't use us having the better conditions as an excuse, tosspot.

I like the snow FTR, it's ice that annoys me

Burgey

Ha, were you involved with the Dunkirk videos? Where's Furball with the Iraq pic?

I meant you can't use us having the better conditions as an excuse, tosspot.

I like the snow FTR, it's ice that annoys me
WAC..

Ho ho ho... Two Poms in the crowd dressed as convicts. Lol.. Another original ****ing thought.

hazsa19

International Regular
Oooooh look, the Barmy Army has a bugler.

Truly day is da best fanz in da world. Surprised they haven't rioted yet. Hooligans.
Strange definition of 'hooligans'. People who spend thousands of their hard earned pounds to follow their national side.

And that buglar is incredibly talented by all accounts. Remember one of the commentators saying he had graduated from a prestigious arts school.

Burgey

Strange definition of 'hooligans'. People who spend thousands of their hard earned pounds to follow their national side.

And that buglar is incredibly talented by all accounts. Remember one of the commentators saying he had graduated from a prestigious arts school.
Inside every Pom is a football hooligan waiting to get out. They travel all over Europe. So what? They're still thugs.

Mate, Katy Perry graduated from an Arts school. What's your point?