Page 51 of 341 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Third Test at the WACA

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Good luck to the **** I say.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayzamann View Post
    Beer 12th man for sure. Otherwise I'll eat my hat, **** it out, then eat that hat****.
    Can't see Beer carrying drinks tbh, why would they pick a spinner in the first place if they aren't going to him in the test....

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Left arm orthodox. Bats ten in club cricket (which is the highest level of cricket he's played with a big enough sample size) - worst batsman in the squad I'd say.
    Cheers.

Weird selection, it must be said.

Given Smith has effectively been picked as a batsman (judging by the squad he's a direct replacement for North) I think he has to play. Smith isn't the kind of bowler who can tie an end up whilst the quicks are rotated.

Will have a wee lol if Hussey jr tons up today.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by outbreak View Post
    I get the feeling White's shot himself in the foot by not bowling anymore. He may have done it so he would stop being treated as a frontline bowler but now he's batting has improved alot if he still bowled some half decent overs he'd be a good pick.
    Yeah i mean his batting is a bit better than North's and if he had improved in the bowling department he would have been the perfect replacement.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Who is more accurate? Beer, or the guy who throws the darts to select Australia's spinners?
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Cheers.

Weird selection, it must be said.

Given Smith has effectively been picked as a batsman (judging by the squad he's a direct replacement for North) I think he has to play. Smith isn't the kind of bowler who can tie an end up whilst the quicks are rotated.

Will have a wee lol if Hussey jr tons up today.
    HAH yeah i was just thinking that...hes on 30 odd now batting against Tremlett and Collingwood (Two starting players for England).

International Regular
    It's all a conspiracy I tell you.

Check this commentary out:
    RTA SpeedBlitz Blues vs West End Redbacks - Match 15 2010/11 Sheffield Shield Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney

Can you find any description of the **** bowling by Smith today? NO. They are all left blank with only a "no run" next to them. The pullshots played against Smith today have been changed to "worked around the corner" etc

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Smith isn't the kind of bowler who can tie an end up whilst the quicks are rotated.
    Tie an end up

International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    Can't see Beer carrying drinks tbh, why would they pick a spinner in the first place if they aren't going to him in the test....
    Good thing I don't own a hat.

U19 12th Man

Just some of my emotions at that squad.

Congratulations England, you don't even have to play our best team to retain the ashes. We just grabbed a couple or Warnie's club mates to bowl you a couple of overs on the way to 3/985.

****ing joke. Can we start a petition to have Hild**** and co removed?

Siddle 80% favourite to be 12th man
    Beer 20% chance
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

Quote Originally Posted by TumTum View Post

RTA SpeedBlitz Blues vs West End Redbacks - Match 15 2010/11 Sheffield Shield Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney

Can you find any description of the **** bowling by Smith today? NO. They are all left blank with only a "no run" next to them. The pullshots played against Smith today have been changed to "worked around the corner" etc
    Huh?

"Over 110.6: Smith to Edmondson, no run, OUT, attempted drive, top edged and Smith takes the caught and bowled. SA 8/362. The next batsman is George"

"Over 104.2: Smith to Ferguson, no run, OUT, pushing forward and caught by Jaques at short leg. SA 6/333. The new batsman"

"Over 36.2: Smith to Blizzard, no run, OUT, ball stays down, Blizzard refuses to play a shot as he is struck very low on the pads and leaves the umpire with an easy decision. SA 4/102. Christian is the new batsman"

You feeling ok man?
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

FBU
    I thought England were wary of Hauritz when they last met in England. Maybe we will see Hauritz back for the 4th Test.

3 Tests 10 wickets at 32.10.econ 3.11 s/r 62.0 - Hauritz
    5 Tests 14 wickets at 40.50 econ 3.33 s/r 73.0 - Swann

International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    You cannot tell me that you can't trust this face

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by TumTum View Post

Now you're just getting ridiculous, TumTum.

But not quite as ridiculous as this ****ing selection panel. Seriously, Xavier Doherty and now Michael 'who' Beer!??? It's honestly like they just don't ****ing care at all, and it's downright frustrating and annoying when a bloke who's done absolutely zero gets selected simply because Shane Warne said it in passing. At least Doherty had bowled well in an ODI before his selection, Beer's played all of 5 FC games for his state and taken 16 wickets. He's never taken more than 3 wickets in an innings, FFS. But bravo selectors, a totally warranted selection over Hauritz or O'Keefe who at least have good records and form to back them up. But **** logic, right? Bunch of useless muppets. Fuming atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Thread Information