• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Headingley

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did anyone else notice that Jimmy and Onions kept bowling inswingers early on (to Ponting & Watto especially)?

Struck me as a lil bit odd - considering both Ponting and Watson settled in and scored easy legside boundaries as well as Strauss employing 3 slips and a gully. Surely that kind of field setting vindicates the outswinger with the occasional dart back in.
Has Anderson seemed to not bowl his outie anywhere near as much this series? Perhaps been a little caught up with the variation ball maybe? Dunno, might be a bit harsh. He bowled beautifully last test in innings one, but he actually seemed to me to bowl more inswingers than outswingers.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Patto, you're way of the mark re: Katich.
YOU'RE FRIGGIN' UGLY.

Looking forward to tonight's play stacks, have some mates coming over, pizza ready. Yessssss. Hoping Swann actually gets a bowl today aswell, poor bloke.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ah well today's another day ................. could be very different ...................can't see it tho' :(

Matt79

Global Moderator
Oz all out by lunch, England ahead by 100 at close
That was yesterday, with the names reversed. Aus all out just before tea, 200 ahead. Poms 2 down at close of play. All out by tea day 3. Aussies knock off the 40 runs required for victory without loss.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was yesterday, with the names reversed. Aus all out just before tea, 200 ahead. Poms 2 down at close of play. All out by tea day 3. Aussies knock off the 40 runs required for victory without loss.
Mate if they bat til just before tea they'll be closer to 300 ahead won't hey?

Matt79

Global Moderator
I know. I felt the same way until I got used to the way they speak in The Wire.

Anyway, root = the act of procreation, so to speak.
Gives rise to the best line ever.

Would you be interested in a tree branch? No? How about a root?

[/hat and coat]

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Beefy making a good point (for once). Saying that the pressure is off and they should be able to come out and bowl well.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Beefy making a good point (for once). Saying that the pressure is off and they should be able to come out and bowl well.
How is the pressure off? Unless something huge happens today, they are so, so far off getting their hands on the urn, which in English Cricket, nay, sport, is the only thing of importance.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, there's no pressure at all. I mean, they're only chasing the game after playing horribly the day before.
How is the pressure off? Unless something huge happens today, they are so, so far off getting their hands on the urn, which in English Cricket, nay, sport, is the only thing of importance.
Because the game has already been written off in many quarters. I know where you're both coming from, but I agree with him: no-one expects us to do anything from here, and they might feel less expectation, IMO

In other news, FFS Jimmeh

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha, was thinking the same thing. Harmy's first over yesterday was great. Shame about the rest.