• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Headingley

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice... apparently the England players were evacuated from their hotel at 5am in the pouring rain. Can't imagine many got back to sleep after that.
Meh, Warney was on the tool til 5 am the night before each test in 05 and was a one-man army.

tooextracool

International Coach
Looks like Colly will keep, I cant remember a more frantic start to a test match. If Colly keeps then who plays instead? If its Broad, I'm seriously going to be really really upset especially with Flintoff, KP and Prior already out.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Looks like Colly will keep, I cant remember a more frantic start to a test match. If Colly keeps then who plays instead? If its Broad, I'm seriously going to be really really upset especially with Flintoff, KP and Prior already out.
Even if Collingwood has to keep for the first session or something, I still think Ambrose should be named.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Prior back out in the middle. Looks stiff as a board & he's grimacing in pain too. Hmm.

Talking about a "spasm".

tooextracool

International Coach
Even if Collingwood has to keep for the first session or something, I still think Ambrose should be named.
As much as I think Ambrose is ****, Id much rather him than Broad or Colly with the gloves. Although according to Athers, the only change was supposed to be Harmison for Flintoff so looks like Broad would play anyways.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was just sitting here having a chat with Mrs B and we were saying how, in a tight series, even the last hour before the toss is exciting with selection dramas. When one side's bossing the other, it just doesn't seem to matter as much.

And that was before the Prior dramas.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If we're just bringing Harmy in for Fred it's a heck of a call. Especially with a buggered Prior/Ambrose at 6... :unsure:

Craig

World Traveller
So what happens if Ambrose got called up? Woukd Warwickshire be allowed another 'keeper or would they be down a man? I remember a case during the 2001 tour of India where Haddin got called up during the middle of a Pura Cup match for NSW and NSW were allowed a replacement 'keeper.