Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 120

Thread: Ashes Blog - http://www.cricketweb.net/blog/asheshq/

  1. #1
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    23,795

    Ashes Blog - http://www.cricketweb.net/blog/asheshq/

    I'm thinking of running a blog on the Ashes, starting whenever the squads are announced, and I'd like people to contribute. You can write something whenever you like, as often as you like, about anything from who you think is ahead in the match at the end of a particular day to why you think someone should be selected or who will do well. Anything at all remotely Ashes-related. Any takers?

    http://www.cricketweb.net/blog/asheshq/index.php
    Last edited by pasag; 30-06-2009 at 03:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

  2. #2
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #teamAthlai
    Posts
    27,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I'm thinking of running a blog on the Ashes, starting whenever the squads are announced, and I'd like people to contribute. You can write something whenever you like, as often as you like, about anything from who you think is ahead in the match at the end of a particular day to why you think someone should be selected or who will do well. Anything at all remotely Ashes-related. Any takers?
    Just don't bet the house on England to win the series in the West Indies.
    Direbirds FTW!

    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

  3. #3
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    23,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Just don't bet the house on England to win the series in the West Indies.


    I got that bet refunded, actually. I've no idea why. Perhaps they felt that looking like a fool was punishment enough.

  4. #4
    State Regular jondavluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Westside of that big light blub thingy
    Posts
    943
    That sounds cool I am willing to contribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Death
    Dumb I told him"the serpent that never dies is dead I took her life three thousend years ago! the never ending battle has ended"

    Awesome Test XI

    Tillekeratne Dilshan
    Simon Katich
    Ricky Ponting (c)
    Michael Hussey
    Michael Clarke
    AB de Villiers
    Brad Haddin (k)
    Daniel Vettori
    Peter Siddle
    Dong Bollinger
    Ben Hilfenhaus


  5. #5
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #teamAthlai
    Posts
    27,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post


    I got that bet refunded, actually. I've no idea why. Perhaps they felt that looking like a fool was punishment enough.
    Haha you must've been stoked! Na go for it buddy, you're posts are always a good read.

  6. #6
    Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,189
    Yeah, that sounds like fun. I'll have a go.

  7. #7
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    This is going to be launched very soon guys. We've been working hard behind the scenes to get this up and running and we can't wait to start.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

  8. #8
    International Regular
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,541
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    This is going to be launched very soon guys. We've been working hard behind the scenes to get this up and running and we can't wait to start.
    Good stuff.

    Can anyone contribute?

    What blog service do you use (eg Blogger) or is it being run on the CricketWeb mainpage/forums?

  9. #9
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakester1288 View Post
    Good stuff.

    Can anyone contribute?

    What blog service do you use (eg Blogger) or is it being run on the CricketWeb mainpage/forums?
    It'll be on CW. Right now it's just a couple of staff contributing, but we'll see how things go in the future.

  10. #10
    Global Moderator vic_orthdox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    25,451
    Happy to help out if required.

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame Member NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    18,375
    I would be keen to participate or at least read this blog. Australia's first tour match is in a couple of days, will it be up and running before then?

  12. #12
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Thanks guys, will be launching tonight hopefully, after the Sinclair chat.

  13. #13
    International Regular
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,541
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Thanks guys, will be launching tonight hopefully, after the Sinclair chat.
    Awesome news.

    Will be reading.

    Actually, I should start using my own blog a little bit more, TBH. was doing some writing preparing for the Ashes, but then just stopped. I suppose my writing depends on my amount of school work and requirements.

  14. #14
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakester1288 View Post
    Awesome news.

    Will be reading.
    No, Will be writing the blog. You be reading it.

    *groan*
    The Colourphonics

    Bandcamp
    Twitderp

  15. #15
    International Regular
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    No, Will be writing the blog. You be reading it.

    *groan*
    WTF?

    Completely missed the boat reading this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Oldest Test Team?
    By chaminda_00 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 13-09-2006, 11:01 PM
  2. Next generation Australian keepers.
    By aussie in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 07-02-2006, 05:07 AM
  3. Greatest ever Ashes series?
    By FaaipDeOiad in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 13-09-2005, 06:47 PM
  4. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 30-03-2005, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •