Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashes Squad Announced

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Because Lewis isn't effective on anything but the most helpful conditions, and we already have Hoggard for that role.
    I wish people would stop steryotyping Hoggard and Lewis as bowlers that can only bowl when conditions suit them.

They have both proved that that's not the case anymore, if Lewis was only good in one set of conditions, his FC record and ODI record wouldn't be close to what they are now.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Because Lewis isn't effective on anything but the most helpful conditions, and we already have Hoggard for that role.
    A tad harsh on Hoggard. Indian pitches aren't THAT helpful...
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Oh, and Messrs Plunkett and Mahmood would like to congratulate Australia on regaining the Ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero
    Im still have my doubts over whether Tresco will play...Bell to play at 3 with Cook opening
    For England's chances i'd say its better off hoping he recovers well enough before the 1st test.

In theory, yes. On this summer's form? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by open365
    They have both proved that that's not the case anymore, if Lewis was only good in one set of conditions, his FC record and ODI record wouldn't be close to what they are now.
    Because he is always bowling to the top class batsmen of the calibre of Ponting, Langer, Hayden et al in County Cricket isn't he?!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    One has to question the logic of having 6 batsmen+ Flintoff while having 7 bowlers + Flintoff. With there already being question marks about Tresco, there would be no back up batsmen in the squad and we'd have to dig into the back up squad already.
    That's because Vaughan will be a last minute addition.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    That's because Vaughan will be a last minute addition.
    yea add another injured player to the list who hasnt played a game in several months.
    Plunkett shouldnt even be near the side IMO, forget about the fact that hes rubbish but in addition to the fact that hes also injured should surely have taken him out of the reckoning?
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    yea add another injured player to the list who hasnt played a game in several months.
    Plunkett shouldnt even be near the side IMO, forget about the fact that hes rubbish but in addition to the fact that hes also injured should surely have taken him out of the reckoning?
    Don't worry. Vaughan was born to bat on Australian pitches. He could do a Bob Simpson and come out of retirment at the age of 60 and still average close to 80. It will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by open365
    I wish people would stop steryotyping Hoggard and Lewis as bowlers that can only bowl when conditions suit them.

Lewis hasnt proven anything at the intl level. And bowlers like Bracken have already shown how you can be useless and one dimensional in test cricket while still ending up having an excellent FC record.

Clearly suggests Flintoff at 6, so who misses out?
    When it comes down to these situations, it really comes down to who the selectors like better. As we all know thats collingwood, because hes a 'team man' and also the guy who claimed that England were going for the whitewash in Pakistan.
    My thoughts on this havent changed. its simply pointless talking about whos going to miss out now because theres still 2 months to go and possibly a whole bunch of injuries to come. If there arent any injuries, then id pick the players that have best managed to adjust to the conditions and scored runs in the warm ups. And if that means excluding Pietersen then so be it.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Without wanting to be overly intrusive if it's a private thing, does anyone actually know what's wrong with Trescothick?

If he is having some non-physical problems, this probably is not the place to tour.

Your side looks pretty solid, but the question marks remain over Cook, Bell, Read, Mahmood and even Strauss in Australian conditions. Still, they can do no more than perform as they have and everyone has to tour for the first time.

The only bowlers who have reasonable experience in Australian conditions are Harmison and Hoggard, both of whom have improved since last time. The others have very limited or no experience out here. IMO it will be important that they do not bowl too short, as young bowlers often do out here.

Can't wait for the Lee/ McGrath v Flintoff/ Pietersen battles on larger grounds. Big advantages for the bowlers here on faster wickets with bigger grounds and 2 men back for the hook/ pull. Warne v Bell/ Strauus/ Cook will also be great to watch. Will be good to see how those blokes approach him

Panesaar should do well- left arm spin is very handy in these parts.

Should be a great series. Can't wait.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Tim de Lisle on Lewis before he wasn't selected:

Quote Originally Posted by Tim de Lisle
    Duncan Fletcher doubts whether Lewis is fast enough for Test cricket outisde England, which makes you wonder if he ever saw Terry Alderman or Damien Fleming in action. Lewis is in just that mould – nagging, swinging, testing, non-military medium, capable of outwitting the best players. If Jimmy Anderson is fit, I’d pick him and Lewis. If not, take Broad. But don’t be surprised if the selectors stick with Mahmood and Plunkett, the devils they know.
    It is a bit simplsitic to discount Lewis just because he wasn't selected.

Underselling Fleming's pace a bit there, methinks...

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Ya fair point Jack but still he puts the point across well I think.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information