• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Have You Registered?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Members do have a longer wait, as they cannot reserve seats they must lineup to get in. Which is the case for the SCG.

Also, for non members the line can be quite short depending on where you are seating and time you arrive.

I bet you $$$$$$$ that members will be waiting in line for the first day of the SCG test for a number of hours.

archie mac

International Coach
I will be hoping for tickets to the 1st days of Melb. and Sydney.

Maybe we should start up an Ashes meet up thread?

archie mac

International Coach
AussieDominance said:
so you are doing the travelling bit seeing you live in canberra
Yes, it is only three hours to Sydney and about six to Melbourne, so it is not that bad these days. Throw in cruise control, navigational system (which I don't have, maybe a Xmas present) and it is a POP. :)

I imagine Sydney will be sold out for sure, so no BA which will be nice:laugh:

howardj

International Coach
Have registered.

Going to five days of the 'Gabba Test - work permitting.

Six months, as of yesterday, to go!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
vic_orthdox said:
GoT_SpIn has this idea that queues for the Members area somehow move slower than the queues for the rest of the ground...
Colostomy bags could be the answer, then, if the average age is comparable to Lord's, what what, eh Bunty?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
GoT_SpIn has this idea that queues for the Members area somehow move slower than the queues for the rest of the ground...
Also, i know a friend who will be waiting in line from 4am on the first day

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
GoT_SpIn said:
Members do have a longer wait, as they cannot reserve seats they must lineup to get in. Which is the case for the SCG.

While some of the members area is up for grabs so to speak at the SCG a good part of it is reserved seating. So yes there will be members lined up, but not as many as there used to be.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
While some of the members area is up for grabs so to speak at the SCG a good part of it is reserved seating. So yes there will be members lined up, but not as many as there used to be.
Ahh ok. Didn't know about that, but i presume that a long wait will still be required for members who dont have a reserved seat

Just wondering, how does the reserved seating work?

As in who gets them

pasag

RTDAS
Turns out the tickets that go on sale are only by phone and internet. Not the MCG as I thought. This is very good news.

howardj

International Coach
benchmark00 said:
I'll a little bit nervous, just quietly...
Yeah if there's one thing Poms are good at, it is pulling off a scam en masse. :laugh:

I mean, look at how they cheat the Aussie welfare system.

I think Aus cricket fans are rightfully nervous tonight!

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
GoT_SpIn said:
Yeah i will be praying that my friend can get us tickets :)

Come on cricket god.
I'm sure you'll be fine, mate. The only squeeze tomorrow will be for the 1st and 2nd days of the Sydney, and perhaps Adelaide, Test Matches. Can't see any of the other days, at any of the other venues, selling out tomorrow.