Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 106
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Group B First Round - Zimbabwe, Ireland, UAE, Netherlands

  1. #31
    International Regular Stapel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,237
    A lucky 50 by Stephan Myburgh!

  2. #32
    International Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,530
    So many dropped catches.

    EDIT: Jesus.
    Last edited by BeeGee; 17-03-2014 at 10:21 AM.

  3. #33
    You'll Never Walk Alone Nate's Avatar
    Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    28,679
    That finish!
    Jesus brings life eternal


  4. #34
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    65,366
    At 4/127, how the hell did UAE only make 151? Disappointing.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.


  5. #35
    State Captain Julian87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ashfield
    Posts
    1,898
    Taylor needed to keep up to the stumps for that last ball. Big error in judgement there IMO.

  6. #36
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Cribbertopia
    Posts
    52,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian87 View Post
    Taylor needed to keep up to the stumps for that last ball. Big error in judgement there IMO.
    He's not exactly a full time gloveman so I think he was worried Panyangara would bowl a wide yorker - what he was looking to do to - that Taylor couldn't collect which went for four byes. End of the day, I agree he probably had more chance of throwing the ball onto the stumps than he did successfully gloving a 135km/hr yorker outside off standing up.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    People go into politics to change the world. That's a bad idea. The only good reason to go into politics is to sweep government away so that the world can change itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Freddie is the greatest cricketer ever so the fact these comparisons are being made means three things:

    1. Stokes is pretty good
    2. Jono is a ****
    3. Taxation is theft

  7. #37
    Dan
    Dan is offline
    Global Moderator Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Posts
    12,961
    c00ps motm. Dan Announcements Pty Ltd is in clover right now.

  8. #38
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Cribbertopia
    Posts
    52,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    c00ps motm. Dan Announcements Pty Ltd is in clover right now.
    bet365 gave me my money back because c00ps wasn't quoted.
    Dan and Jono like this.

  9. #39
    Dan
    Dan is offline
    Global Moderator Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Posts
    12,961
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
    He's bowling well.
    Every time I see Dutch Brett Lee bowl, he's always bowling crap. First 2 balls were a legside wide and a knee-high full toss outside off, and he sprayed it around a bit for the rest of the first over. Second over was far better, and tbh he looks pretty talented.

    Would like to see him playing a lot more Shield cricket than he currently is. Would back him to succeed ahead of Josh bloody Lalor every day of the week.


    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    He's not exactly a full time gloveman so I think he was worried Panyangara would bowl a wide yorker - what he was looking to do to - that Taylor couldn't collect which went for four byes. End of the day, I agree he probably had more chance of throwing the ball onto the stumps than he did successfully gloving a 135km/hr yorker outside off standing up.
    Yeah, collecting a 135km/h yorker that has a bit of shape on it while up to the stumps wouldn't be easy for even the best of wicketkeepers. I do somewhat agree with the idea of the commentators though - put in a silly point to be at the stumps to collect the underarm from the 'keeper (and perhaps conveniently get in the batsman's way in the process).

  10. #40
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Cribbertopia
    Posts
    52,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Would like to see him playing a lot more Shield cricket than he currently is. Would back him to succeed ahead of Josh bloody Lalor every day of the week.
    He's moved to Tasmania and gets hammered in their Futures League side ftr. I reckon he could be of more use to a Big Bash team actually; bowls a great yorker and would have a bit more protection for his pies.

  11. #41
    Dan
    Dan is offline
    Global Moderator Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Posts
    12,961
    That's right - completely forgot he moved states.

    He hasn't been that bad (statistically at least) this summer - 2/38 (9) & 4/29 (9) vs QLD; 3/27 (12) & 2/30 (13) against the only team that matters; 1/71 (21) vs WA; and 2/72 (19) & 2/50 (12) vs the ACT.

    16 wickets @ 19.81, ER 3.34.

    Wouldn't call that 'hammered' tbh. That's pretty decent.

  12. #42
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Cribbertopia
    Posts
    52,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    That's right - completely forgot he moved states.

    He hasn't been that bad (statistically at least) this summer - 2/38 (9) & 4/29 (9) vs QLD; 3/27 (12) & 2/30 (13) against the only team that matters; 1/71 (21) vs WA; and 2/72 (19) & 2/50 (12) vs the ACT.

    16 wickets @ 19.81, ER 3.34.

    Wouldn't call that 'hammered' tbh. That's pretty decent.
    True, good spot. Must've been last season where he copped a hammering. Would be putting pressure on Fekete I guess but I still think he just bowls too many loose balls to be a good Shield bowler right now, from what I've seen anyway.

  13. #43
    State Captain Julian87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ashfield
    Posts
    1,898
    Zimbabwe to get Shingi and Waller into the side in place of the two 'leggies' IMO. Maruma and whoever the other bloke was are a waste of space.

  14. #44
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Cribbertopia
    Posts
    52,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian87 View Post
    Zimbabwe to get Shingi and Waller into the side in place of the two 'leggies' IMO. Maruma and whoever the other bloke was are a waste of space.
    Maruma barely bowls at all anymore and is selected as a specialist batsman despite having an absolutely atrocious record. He played a Test an opener not that long ago; it's complete madness.

  15. #45
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    65,366
    Dutch a big big chance tonight. Can't believe the generous odds.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World Cup Predictions League - Round 37: Ireland v Netherlands
    By marc71178 in forum World Cup Predictions League
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20-03-2011, 11:43 AM
  2. ODI Round 197 Ireland vs Netherlands
    By Perm in forum Cricket Web Predictions League
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 13-07-2007, 02:04 AM
  3. Group D - Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland
    By James in forum World Cup 2007
    Replies: 894
    Last Post: 24-03-2007, 06:35 AM
  4. ODI Round 127 - Ireland vs Zimbabwe
    By marc71178 in forum Cricket Web Predictions League
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 17-03-2007, 04:34 PM
  5. ODI Round 103 - Ireland vs Netherlands
    By marc71178 in forum Cricket Web Predictions League
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 12:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •