• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Super 8 Group 1 Discussion - Eng, WI, SL and NZ

Meridio

International Regular
Eh, I honestly think we deserved this. The team is woefully unbalanced. I've got nothing against Nathan McCullum, but he shouldn't be coming into bat at number 7 for anyone. Oram is past it. Nicol is a joke. Dr Southee and Mr Braindead-****wit can't be relied upon. Taylor is one dimensional. Guptill is even more one dimensional. The whole team is pants. This tournament has just shown that to be the case with blinding clarity.
Just out of interest, who is Mr Braindead-****wit? I can't narrow it down from the 7 or 8 remaining possibilities.

stumpski

International Captain
From some bloke emailing cricinfo ....
"If Sri Lanka bat first, they should declare at 1-0 off 0.1 overs," "We can then get 2 off the 1st ball and then both Sri Lanka and England will qualify. Easy."

Grecian would approve.
Heh, Brian Rose tried that one a few years ago. Bairstow to keep for England, presumably? Buttler doesn't do it very often for Somerset.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From some bloke emailing cricinfo ....
"If Sri Lanka bat first, they should declare at 1-0 off 0.1 overs," "We can then get 2 off the 1st ball and then both Sri Lanka and England will qualify. Easy."

Grecian would approve.
Indeed, was a disgrace when that tactic got us thrown out, was genius.

grecian

Well. I guess we'll see how Bairstow is wqith the gloves, if he does a Khatmal, I may have to eat my words.

Blimey the Kiwis are getting feisty, have they all been taking Scaly pills. It's only t20.

Well done Finn, two balls without kicking the stumps.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Ah, I see. Didn't read the post properly. Vision clouded by rage.
I'm going with:

Convenient Rationalisation said:
This is good - if we'd done well this tournament it would've been all T20 for the next three years. So instead we'll accept we are crap at T20 and instead improve at real cricket, play more tests and even win some.
Self-lies help

stumpski

International Captain
The Sri Lankan anthem is quite jolly, isn't it? (if a bit long) - has a bit of a Eurovision feel.

stumpski

International Captain
Eight from the first over, but at least Finn got through it without hitting the stumps. Only want him to do that at the other end today.

stumpski

International Captain
All Dernbach-phobes, please remember later that he had a simple catch dropped in his first over.

Without which he would have taken 6 for 20, obvs.

Scaly piscine

And we're back to unadulterated ****e. Wide long hops and leg-side long hops.

All the boundaries have been short deliveries.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The bowlers rather unlucky not to have a wicket each. You'd imagine we'll pay for that.

EDIT
There we go