Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: South Africa

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Migara View Post
    Everybody is in reasonable form. I cannot see how they are going to lose the tournament.
    White btw has scores of 9, 8 and 5 this tournament. He was close to dismal in the IPL. The less said about Haddin the better. Does anyone remember that they were 65/6 against Bangladesh?
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Quick wicket and Oz will win 19/20 matches

However, most of the pitches in the WI are not quick so I dont really see them as favourites I'm afraid

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Quick wicket and Oz will win 19/20 matches

However, most of the pitches in the WI are not quick so I dont really see them as favourites I'm afraid
    Who're your favs then?
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Who're your favs then?
    After tonight, it would have to be Australia but I dont expect them to win it

India should never have won the first one

Likewise Pak in the second

I reckon it'll be NZ, Eng or maybe WI

Call it karma, bs, whatever, I just dont think this format lends itself to "form" or "the most talented"

It is simply too short to predict and any team can win on the day

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool View Post
    White btw has scores of 9, 8 and 5 this tournament. He was close to dismal in the IPL.
    What do they say about form and class?

Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool View Post
    White btw has scores of 9, 8 and 5 this tournament. He was close to dismal in the IPL. The less said about Haddin the better. Does anyone remember that they were 65/6 against Bangladesh?
    Love the timing of this post
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Banned
    After tonight, it would have to be Australia but I dont expect them to win it

India should never have won the first one]

I reckon it'll be NZ, Eng or maybe WI

Call it karma, bs, whatever, I just dont think this format lends itself to "form" or "the most talented"

It is simply too short to predict and any team can win on the day
    Oh really . When was last time you guys won a test match against India? Play on square turner , we will see how guys fare. It is very easy to beat India without Sehwag and Sachin. When both of these will come, we will see how you fair.
    Btw what happened to Ponting's pull shot against Roach or Ishant sharma at perth. He was hopping all around
    Last edited by Thirdman1; 09-05-2010 at 04:52 PM.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdman1 View Post
    Oh really . When was last time you guys won a test match against India? Play on square turner , we will see how guys fare. It is very easy to beat India without Sehwag and Sachin. When both of these will come, we will see how you fair.
    Btw what happened to Ponting's pull shot against Roach or Ishant sharma at perth. He was hopping all around
    *sigh*

What has any of that got to do with a T20 WC though? Sehwag's not there and Tendulkar doesn't play international T20s.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    *sigh*

What has any of that got to do with a T20 WC though? Sehwag's not there and Tendulkar doesn't play international T20s.
    The entire short ball problem has been caused due to absence of Sehwag. He scores 30-40 of 20 balls and we are easily 50 runs in 5 overs.And this gives batsman at the other end time to play slowly. Gambhir and Vijay are the worst T20 opener ever. It is similar to Smith and Kallis. But due to absence of sehwagwe simply don't have anybody at the top to dismantle opposition.And so opposition bowlers are making merry . .

What happened to short ball in test matches? Sehwag starts hitting from the first ball itself.So nobody bothers to ball short to him.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Hmm, I suppose we have to wait and see. Hell of a lot to put on one player though. What if he goes out early?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Thirdman, there's no need to be so defensive just because someone said something slightly negative about India. No one brought up their form in Test matches, where they're currently ranked number one. A slightly criticism of their T20 form doesn't mean they're suddenly the worst team in the world. And tbf, if India's fortunes rely solely on Sehwag going well, that's hardly the signs of a good team.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

India should never have won the first one

Likewise Pak in the second
    Ridiculous statements. So disgusting, and not even backing it up as well.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Hmm, I suppose we have to wait and see. Hell of a lot to put on one player though. What if he goes out early?
    We will lose that game. But he will fire atleast 1 out of 3 games. So we have a chance in atleast 1 of the 3 games. This is looking pretty pathetic opening partnership. It is like 2 Miachel Clarke opening in first 6 overs.

Haha so harsh

They're no Watson and Warner, but they've just been outdone by good bowling. Clear issues with their technique, rather than actually having no intent to score.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Thirdman, there's no need to be so defensive just because someone said something slightly negative about India. No one brought up their form in Test matches, where they're currently ranked number one. A slightly criticism of their T20 form doesn't mean they're suddenly the worst team in the world. And tbf, if India's fortunes rely solely on Sehwag going well, that's hardly the signs of a good team.
    Oh really your countryman speaks India didn't deserve to be win the first T20 WC. Did you deserve to win the Sydney test ?

Did you deserve to win the 1999 WC ?

And please if India is not a good side because of reliance on Sehwag, then what happened to your side against India without Mcgrath. I remember plenty of Aussie writing rubbish execuse that Australia side of 2003/04 that played against India in OZ was not test class because of absence of Mcgrath .

And you are telling me not to be defensive.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information