• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F - Italy, Paraguay, New Zealand, Slovakia

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hahaha, lol'd about the Reid part. Do, however, agree to a certain extent re: Fallon, elbowed a few in the face/throat. Sure italians made a meal of it, but it was pretty stupid of Fallon I thought.

L Trumper

State Regular
tribalfootball is lots of the time loads of bull ****.. I'm inclined to think they made up this ****. I may be wrong. Are there any other sources?

edit: Apparently it is true. Dire stuff from cannavaro. Moaning about opposition physical ability? Isn't NZ supposed to use it to their advantage? What Gentile, Scirea might think of it?

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Once again not expecting too much from the All Whites - they've already vastly exceeded expectations by getting up for the draw twice. Players must be exhausted and I see Nelsen had a stomach bug. Paraguay have pace which we will struggle with, though once again, you never know what could happen.

Sincerely hoping Italy lose. Or at the very least draw 0-0.

nibbs

International Captain
i'm reminded of the movie cool runnings when i think of nz's world cup campaign

go champ! do do do do do

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
i'm reminded of the movie cool runnings when i think of nz's world cup campaign

go champ! do do do do do
So you're saying our performance tonight is going to be the equivalent of our skates coming off and slamming into a wall of solid ice at 60 miles an hour?

99*

International Debutant
So you're saying our performance tonight is going to be the equivalent of our skates coming off and slamming into a wall of solid ice at 60 miles an hour?
Hmmmm, wouldn't mind us going out in penalties in the semi-finals. (which is what I consider crashing out in the last run as) :ph34r:

Meridio

International Regular
Huge game tonight, can't wait.

Thought about staying up all night but thought I'd better try and get a couple of hours' sleep first. Either way, work is going to be hell tomorrow. Though if we win, I may just be tempted to take the day off sick.

A few years ago I didn't think we'd qualify for a World Cup in my lifetime. Now, we have a decent chance at going through to the second round. Amazing stuff, and whatever happens tonight I'm still so proud of the way we've acquitted ourselves.

Had a good feeling about the game earlier in the week; woke up this morning and saw that Nelsen's been sick and started getting a bit of a sinking feeling. Hope he's alright, because we need him desperately.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I've had my power nap, and am all pumped up.

We are underdogs, but I have the same hope as previous games.

Go All Whites!!