• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F - Ireland, Pakistan, New Zealand, Sri Lanka

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I And given Pakistan's history, I dont blame him.
Chris Pringle...enough said !!

Oh wait..there is an excuse for it, it's called 'Martin Crowe's experiments with truth (and ball tampering)'.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
No attempt was made to ask the Kiwi management to look for TV evidence. Rather, come out with it and cast unsubstantiated doubts on the way Pakistan plays cricket....
8-)
Umm, they asked the match referee if there was any evidence, and where happy when there wasn't any. I don't get it.....

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
They already asked the match umpire once and told that nothing was wrong with the ball. Why go and ask again ?

What next, Contact United Nations and ask Ban Ki Moon ?

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
They already asked the match umpire once and told that nothing was wrong with the ball. Why go and ask again ?
I was unaware that an umpire and a match referee were the same people with exactly the same job, exactly the same view of the game, the exact same opinion, and the exact same resources.

How silly of me.

99*

International Debutant
Chris Pringle...enough said !!

Oh wait..there is an excuse for it, it's called 'Martin Crowe's experiments with truth (and ball tampering)'.
:crazy:

No it's not that Pakistan is the only country to ever ball tamper, just that Pakistan has a bigger reputation of it. And because of that reputation a person is going to think there's a greater chance that tampering has taken place.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan has a bigger reputation of it. .
And that 'Bigger Reputation' that you talk about is simply because of incidents like this. The fact is that it will Never Go Way and will be brought up every time someone writes a time line of ball-tampering despite the fact that it is completely unfounded.

Did Gul have a Reputation of it ? Not really but after this incident he does. Another Pakistani accused of Ball tampering. Actually it tells the sorry state of Pakistan Cricket that no one is willing to stand up and and when they do speak up they make a mess like Oval Test.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I was unaware that an umpire and a match referee were the same people with exactly the same job, exactly the same view of the game, the exact same opinion, and the exact same resources.

How silly of me.
Yeah and the next stop is International Court of Justice, Hague.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
First of all finally got out of jail, was accused of RACIAL behaviour lol
really funny cuz i guess i belong to same race as does the indians lol
by the way, this ball tempering stuff, really annoying.
What's the proof?
Why kiwi's are shouting that Pakistan cheated when they've no evidence?
It means i can shout today, if south african batsmen hit long sixers against Pakistani bowlers, i can say they've something in their bats, otherwise no other team has hit that many sixers against our bowling. Rite?

99*

International Debutant
And that 'Bigger Reputation' that you talk about is simply because of incidents like this. The fact is that it will Never Go Way and will be brought up every time someone writes a time line of ball-tampering despite the fact that it is completely unfounded.

Did Gul have a Reputation of it ? Not really but after this incident he does. Another Pakistani accused of Ball tampering. Actually it tells the sorry state of Pakistan Cricket that no one is willing to stand up and and when they do speak up they make a mess like Oval Test.
I actually think this will help get rid of that reputation, since it seems clear that nothing was wrong. It shows me that Pakistan doesn't take part in things like this.

And I still don't think it is an accusation, he never said, 'I believe he tampered with the ball. He asked the match officals if there was anything wrong with the ball, big deal, I don't see every other fan go off their case when batsmen ask to have the ball checked because it bounces funny, or looks funny. In this case it swung funny and Vettori wanted to know if the ball had anything to do with that.

Anyway, it over for me, no point arguing with you all anymore.

Yeah and the next stop is International Court of Justice, Hague.
8-)

Shouldn't you be off accusing someone being racist?

Inferiority

Banned
First of all finally got out of jail, was accused of RACIAL behaviour lol
really funny cuz i guess i belong to same race as does the indians lol
by the way, this ball tempering stuff, really annoying.
What's the proof?
Why kiwi's are shouting that Pakistan cheated when they've no evidence?
It means i can shout today, if south african batsmen hit long sixers against Pakistani bowlers, i can say they've something in their bats, otherwise no other team has hit that many sixers against our bowling. Rite?
You can tell how much they are hurting over being knock out in yet again another tournament that they had a decent chance of winning. Their supporters can only come up with lame excuses to appease themselves. Let's see if they can make the final in the world cup in 2011. Hope they don't get knocked out by Sri Lanka again :ph34r:

Inferiority

Banned
Umm, they asked the match referee if there was any evidence, and where happy when there wasn't any. I don't get it.....
But why didn't he ask the match referee whether the shape of the ball was perfectly round because Mendis was "unsually" not getting any turn. Styris thought he was going to turn but his off stump was removed.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
You can tell how much they are hurting over being knock out in yet again another tournament that they had a decent chance of winning. Their supporters can only come up with lame excuses to appease themselves. Let's see if they can make the final in the world cup in 2011. Hope they don't get knocked out by Sri Lanka again :ph34r:
yeah i know newzealand has a bad record at WC big matches against Pakistan & srilanka, whereas Pakistan has a really poor record against India. It doesn't mean India cheats. It means we just panic everytime we play them in worldcup matches or they play better than us

99*

International Debutant
But why didn't he ask the match referee whether the shape of the ball was perfectly round because Mendis was "unsually" not getting any turn. Styris thought he was going to turn but his off stump was removed.
Because a top spinner doesn't turn maybe?

And a spinner not getting turn =/= Paceman getting reverse swing after ten overs.