Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 16 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by steds
    Hehehe. The boy just did exactly what he does for Manure, except in a Portugal shirt.
    that may be so, but he will know what will be coming his way if he stay at Manchester United.

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy
    Who would have thought the day would come when I would want Germany to win the WC. The long term issues with the Med countries and S. Americans continue to be true and ruin football for the honest man.
    I'm not flame baiting here, but what was honest about what Rooney did? Or was that fair play?
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave
    actually i know a fair few manure fans that will think more highly of him for it
    ha, i think i know some myself..

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    anyway at least this means i can relax and enjoy the rest of the WC, would like to see Brazil - Germany final and 3-2 either way.
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave
    anyway, for the brief time after Beckham went off and Rooney was red carded, we played our best football of the tournament imo, and even when Rooney went off we were more dangerous going forward. Hargreaves was very good, as was surprising Crouch when he came on.

Interesting how the first corner after Beckham went off was pretty much our first dangerous corner of the tournament and Lampard(barn door) should have scored from it.
    Yup - I'm not convinced that it's a coincidence that we improved immeasurably after Backham came off. As you say, Crouch was remarkably good too, although I have no idea how he didn't outjump his marker in front of an open goal from Gerrard's cross in extra time.

Basically though, we were up against it for the 2nd time in 3 WC's due to Old Trafford Syndrome. However harsh the ref was, you don't give them the chance to send you off if you keep your hands to yourself and refrain from retaliating. Unfortunately, Rooney's had the same message as Cantona, Keane, Becks & others that you can do what you want & blame the rest of the world for picking on you if anyone has the temerity to stand up to you. 9 times of ouf 10 in the premiership you can get away with that sort of behaviour. Elsewhere, you can't. Doesn't alter the fact that Ronaldo is complete scum, but we knew that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    I'm not flame baiting here, but what was honest about what Rooney did? Or was that fair play?
    Are we talking about the push or the stepping?

The stepping was accidental and the ref was going to take no punishiment and the push was nothing.

If we are talking why the push was honest, then it was because it was face to face. No cheating or backhandedness. Deal with things how men do. Which should be man to man rather than cheating.

Rooney did NOTHING wrong at all, it was a disgrace.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy
    Deal with things how men do.
    Are we talking about the same sport here? Oh of course, we see footballers acting like 'men' all the time don't we?

Come on Brazil, always go back to them after England make their exit.

Are we talking about the same sport here? Oh of course, we see footballers acting like 'men' all the time don't we?
    Refer you to my comments about Med players and S. Americans. Its getting worse and spreading throughout the world and this cancer is why I find it hard to watch a football game anymore.

Does not change the fact that a gentle push to the chest is not a sending off offense

What else do you expect from a Northern peasant? There is no way we should be taking some sort of moral high ground considering what he did. We were not cheated out of the game, we had the opportunities and we failed to take them, simple as that.

Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard taking penalties also, says it all really. Lampard did sweet FA (all WC). Owen Hargreaves has one thing going for him a tank, poor distribution and a lack of creative vision, plays like a headless chicken, no composure or time with the ball and is pretty reckless in the challenge but he was probably one of are better players today.

Awful way to go out but we wouldn’t have it any other way, another false down comes to an end.

Portugal must have broken the record for the most premiership flops on the same pitch.

What the hell was Felipao doing taking off Pauleta and playing Ronaldo up front by himself. That's a worse decision than anything from Pekerman. He is v. lucky they won.

Nice possum stomp from Rooney.

Man U fans pushing out their only midfielder is going to be fun to watch

Here's to an entertaining Brazil-France game. I can't say I really care who wins.

Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid
    Yup - I'm not convinced that it's a coincidence that we improved immeasurably after Backham came off. As you say, Crouch was remarkably good too, although I have no idea how he didn't outjump his marker in front of an open goal from Gerrard's cross in extra time.
    Because he was behind the marker, so he could have jumped as high as he liked the defender still cuts it out first.

Anyway if Rooney was indeed sent off for the push that is a disgrace, but it didn't really alter anything because England weren't winning the World Cup under the vegetable.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy
    What else do you expect from a Northern peasant? There is no way we should be taking some sort of moral high ground considering what he did.
    Sorry confused here, what the hell did he do? Ive asked 3 times no and noone has answered. He did nothing wrong at all.

And dont call me a Northern peasant please, I take offense to it.

EDIT- Unless you are talking about Rooney rather than reference to myself and my post then ok, I still take offense
    Last edited by Goughy; 01-07-2006 at 01:05 PM.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy
    What else do you expect from a Northern peasant?
    I'd take being a northern peasant over a southern tosser any day.

Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread Information