• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F: Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
If that happens, you guys might be even slightly more unbearable than normal (or is that a contradiction in terms?)

;)
If it's any consolation, my only reservation in supporting the English side in this World Cup is the likely behaviour of you lot on this forum if you win. :p

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
If it's any consolation, my only reservation in supporting the English side in this World Cup is the likely behaviour of you lot on this forum if you win. :p
The last time I looked, we didn't all have ****atiels as our avatars, so the reaction of some might be less jingoistic than you first thought.

(looks at self)

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
I've just read through 6 pages of chatter about the Australia v Japan game, and other than the fact that that match was brilliant, and i could well still be in shock f rom the result .... all I have to say is that Scaly and Marc are annoying ******s.

Seriously, let up guys. One bashing Australia post is amusing, two is kind of funny, three is getting on ones nerves and 50 thousand on the trot is down right lame.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Travis_Teh said:
I've just read through 6 pages of chatter about the Australia v Japan game, and other than the fact that that match was brilliant, and i could well still be in shock f rom the result .... all I have to say is that Scaly and Marc are annoying ******s.

Seriously, let up guys. One bashing Australia post is amusing, two is kind of funny, three is getting on ones nerves and 50 thousand on the trot is down right lame.
Yes, but when you get to 50001, Aussie-bashing gets funny again, so perhaps they just haven't quite gone far enough.

auscricket

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
We're quite a smartass aren't we eddie? :happy:

Makes me wonder if you do in fact have anything better to do in life than take the micky out of foreigners, cause it's all you seem to do everytime you post.

But hey, what am I saying? The chicks dig jerks who hide behind computers all day poking fun at others :laugh:

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
eddie just takes the **** though, that's what we do over here, we even do it to the ones we love the most, we fully expect it back too.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
auscricket said:
We're quite a smartass aren't we eddie? :happy:

Makes me wonder if you do in fact have anything better to do in life than take the micky out of foreigners, cause it's all you seem to do everytime you post.

But hey, what am I saying? The chicks dig jerks who hide behind computers all day poking fun at others :laugh:
Smarter than you can ever dream of.

There's an 'e' in 'Mickey'.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
dontcloseyoureyes said:
I'm sure the Edster is always out on the tune.
I can't say I'd ever notced this bloke asscricket before.

What did I do to upset him that much?

(then I can do it again).

pasag

RTDAS
I believe he thought you were serious with this comment:

Yes, but when you get to 50001, Aussie-bashing gets funny again, so perhaps they just haven't quite gone far enough.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brazil had better get their finger out, I could see Croatia winning this the way Brazil just let Croatia attack and their midfielders don't bother to track back.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Porky Ronaldo looks as though he can't run 5 yards on account of the Gazza-sized helping of pies he seems to consume on a daily basis.

Ronaldo to score hat-trick in 5....4....3....

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Probably end up being 2 or 3 nil now. Croatia are still going to be dangerous tho.. still it means hopefully Brazil will still play this lacklustre, lazy way if they come up against England. Ronaldo doesn't seem to be alone as a porker in the Brazil side. Harlem Globetrotter type sides don't win very often.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lovely strike. Out of nothing, really. Harsh on Croatia who had contained Brazil very well until then. We'll see if they have a plan "B" now.

Brazil's conditioning trainer should be shot, BTW. Has there ever been a fatter front two than Ronaldo & Adriano?! Emerson & Roberto Carlos hardly svelte either.