• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B: England, Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobago, Sweden

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:
To be fair to Beckham though, he's played alright of late, but admittedly he's been rubbish tonight.
yeah he was a bit better in the friendlies but it really is a joke that he continues to take all the free kicks, he's obviously caught something from Roberto Carlos at Real.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
sven seemingly foolish sub works, Gerrard does the work, yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Re Beckham, it's not as if there aren't other players in the side who can take free kicks, like there might not have been in the past. Cole, Gerrard, Rooney even Lampard can take a decent free kick and it wouldn't hurt to mix it up

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
More schoolboy defending. Pathetic.

What was that rubbish marc kept coming up with about how England would be better against teams that don't just set out to defend? Sure as hell haven't created anything more than they did in their first two games.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
One man I'd consider dropping is Lampard. He's been awful all three games and has never done anything of note in an England shirt. I'd have liked to have seen Carrick triued tonight to be honest but Ecuador will do.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
40 years & haven;t beaten Sweden, poor second half performance by England what kind of defending was that jesus, Campbell looked so lost. Anyway surely we will beat Ecuador on sunday, don't think England will win it, but i'd back us to make it to the semis..

I hope to god Owen's injury is not too serious and we can see more of him in this tournament.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Mum: "So who do England play, then?"
Me: "Ecuador"
Mum: "Oh dear. The african clubs have been doing well haven't they?"
Me: "No. And Ecuador are South America"
Mum: "Really?"
Me: "Yes. Right next to Peru and Columbia"
Mum: "I thought Peru was in Asia..."

Oh dear god.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Anyways as I've said before... dump Beckham, switch Joe Cole to the right and play Downing.
to be fair to Beckham it was his first bad game in a while, give him a chance..

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
More schoolboy defending. Pathetic.

What was that rubbish marc kept coming up with about how England would be better against teams that don't just set out to defend? Sure as hell haven't created anything more than they did in their first two games.
Probably the same kind of stuff that Cleveland wordsmith keeps coming out with.

I really don't know why you didn't get the England job when they decided that Sven had run his race. Surely you applied?

Still, I suppose football's loss is Scrabble's gain.

(I can't remember if you do come from Cleveland, but they're all the same oop there)

;)