• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Trivia Thread - SJS Format

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Well done mate, your go
OK.

Once, a side left out their top scorer from their semifinal because they wanted to rest him before the final. Name the team and the player.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
ooooh

Was it Brazil in either 1934 or 1938? Can't for the life of me think of the player though

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
ooooh

Was it Brazil in either 1934 or 1938? Can't for the life of me think of the player though
Yes it was - you're far too good at this. I'm going to have to insist on the player as well.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm buggered for remembering the player. I'll search the archives of my mind and maybe someone else will pop in with the answer in the meantime :)

My money's on Brumby

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
I hosted this World Cup at an important time in my political history. What country am I and what event was it?

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I was the manager of my country in their first ever World Cup game. By the time their next game came round, three days later, I wasn't. Who am I and what was the reason?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
LongHopCassidy said:
Togo coach Otto Pfister, walking out in the middle of an argument over players' pay?
No. Togo's 2nd game was 6 days after the first, and I think he was reinstated in time for it, wasn't he?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
No.

...Atleast not the one I'm thinking of. Don't know too much about South Korea's football history. :unsure: