• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Ever Bowling in a WC Game

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Actually. Akhtar v NZ in the 99 semi. Don't actually know what his figures were but I reckon that is the fastest 'effective' bowling I have ever seen.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Still think Bichel's better. Single-handedly won us that game, he and Bevan were the only two not neutered by that pitch.
One of the great ODI performances of all-time. Ripping bloke, Bichel - deserved all his successes.

Hard to go past Akram in the 92 final too. He demoralised England

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not disagreeing with any of the above, but Mike Hendrick's performance against Pakistan in 1979 deserves a mention. England had posted an inadequate target - around 160 IIRC- but Hendrick demolished a pretty handy batting lineup to set up an unexpected win.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
What a spell! As good as any I've seen from a finger spinner, ever. Who is this guy? Embarrassed to say I've no recollection of it from the time at all.

All I can remember of that Kenyan bowling attack is their promising leggie who ended up getting a contract at Warwickshire, where he was horribly exposed.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Said this before, but I loved Andre Botha's spell for Ireland v Pakistan. He hit some amazing dibbly-dobbly heights that day, slow medium inswingers which caused Pakistan so much difficulty it was almost as if - and I know this sounds ridiculous - someone was paying them to under-perform.