• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

7th Match - Afghanistan v Bangladesh

anil1405

International Captain
Afghanistan will **** themselves against the spinners imo.

Hoping their bowlers shake Bangladesh up though.
Yea, whatever potential the Afghani batsmen seem to have is being negated by their lack of application.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Afghanistan pace bowling is actually overrated. Only Dawlat Zadran has raw pace but he is not much different than Varon of India. Plus they mainly bowl against fellow associates. Sorry but Bangladesh pacers are superior to Afghanistan but not by much. I feel Shakib will be too hot for Afghan players to handle. He is worlds number 1 ranked all-rounder and ranked 6 in ODIs bowling.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Afghanistan pace bowling is actually overrated. Only Dawlat Zadran has raw pace but he is not much different than Varon of India. Plus they mainly bowl against fellow associates. Sorry but Bangladesh pacers are superior to Afghanistan but not by much. I feel Shakib will be too hot for Afghan players to handle. He is worlds number 1 ranked all-rounder and ranked 6 in ODIs bowling.
I wouldnt say Bangladeshi pacers are ahead of Afghans tbh. Probably they match at the best. Hamid still got it somewhat, Dawlat with good outswingers and Shapoor can trouble batsmen. On their day they cab be pretty devastating. On the other hand, we got Mashrafe, Rubel, Taskin and Al Amin. Mashrafe's pace came down considerably and he's the slowest now among the pack but he can still maintain good length. Rubel can bowl fast but time and time again we have seen he lacks control and gets smashed easily. Al Amin just came having to change his action and finding his way through. The one I'm really looking forward to seeing is Taskin. Taskin is full of potential, regularly hits above 145 kph. He can maintain line and length with a pretty solid action as well.

brockley

International Captain
Spin will be negated on this pitch,i back Afghanistan they score quickley and its a batsmen's pitch,if they win won't be an upset.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Mushfiq batting at 6 makes no sense. Has been failing there than succeeding. If you're technically the best then number 3 is where you should be batting. I remember his 117 against India last year at number 4 and he looked world class. Ideally! this should be Bangladesh's top 4 for world cup games:-

1. Tamim
2. Mominul
3. Mushfiqur
4. Mahmudullah

These 4 I have mentioned are not only talented and have over 350 ODI games under their belts but all have good techniques.to deal in these conditions.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Bangladesh are a terrible team down under. Their pace bowling is pathetic and the conditions don't suit many of their batsmen (Tamim being a notable exception). If Afghanistan are going to beat them anywhere it's here.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Hamid hassan would make it to quite a number of test playing sides if he could maintain his fitness.

indiaholic

International Captain
Hoping Bangladesh lose and all their fans desert the team. It is one team that does not deserve the support it gets.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm looking forward to this. I hope Afghanistan rise to the occasion and really make a game of it. I have no doubt they're capable of it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bangladeshi domestic cricket has never been stronger than right now. But you don't just suddenly become the best team in the world overnight. What's the average age of the current team?

Flem274*

123/5
Bangladesh should be so much better than they are though, you can't deny that. They have the best allrounder in the world, one of the better openers and enough reasonable players to win some ODIs and tests.

Instead they fold after gaining the ascendancy unless it's a home ODI series against New Zealand. Their lack of pace bowlers limits them but their depth in allrounders and spin bowling combined with being good enough in home conditions with the bat means they should win more games than they do.

Zimbabwe lose players every five minutes but they still put in good performances and upset top eight nations even if they're fielding Zimbabwe C. Ireland hardly ever get a go against good teams but when they do they perform. Even Scotland fought to the last ball today.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea I love BD and admire the dedication and work ethic of the player, but they are all ****ing idiots who need to get their heads on straight.

Stupid shots, stupid internal bickering, crumbling too easy under pressure, lack of consistency in anything...and I can't see any way it will change as long as they continue to be celebrated in BD for basically being mediocre.