• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Match - Australia v England

wiff

First Class Debutant
When my neighbours went on holidays I split their foxtel cable to run into my house. The only problem is that I can only watch what they watch: the disney channel 24/7:@

ajdude

International Coach
gonna be a long day in the sun. i'm not close (30 rows back) but not far enough back to be under the shade. if i have to watch ian bell play 50 late cuts i swear to god

ajdude

International Coach
oh man i hope they just fly ravi shastri to every match's coin-toss so he can say "*city* are you ready to party" and then leave

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
gonna be a long day in the sun. i'm not close (30 rows back) but not far enough back to be under the shade. if i have to watch ian bell play 50 late cuts i swear to god
30 rows back? What row/section have you got? Row DD anywhere on the ground will be undercover.

I've got Row P in Bay 13 so I'm going to melt. Should be great fun though!

ajdude

International Coach
30 rows back? What row/section have you got? Row DD anywhere on the ground will be undercover.

I've got Row P in Bay 13 so I'm going to melt. Should be great fun though!
ah really? now that ya mention it I was in row x or y in M17 last time I went and I wasn't far from being undercover but I'm in M55 so the sunlight would be more direct than in M17 wouldn't it?

but yeah **** I'm keen, the atmosphere's gonna be amazing.

ajdude

International Coach
yeah I worked that out afterwards. admittedly I thought it was a ****ing strange request at the time

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
ah really? now that ya mention it I was in row x or y in M17 last time I went and I wasn't far from being undercover but I'm in M55 so the sunlight would be more direct than in M17 wouldn't it?

but yeah **** I'm keen, the atmosphere's gonna be amazing.
You may get some of the sun in the late afternoon. But being that far back I could only assume you'll still be covered by the roofs! Atleast you won't need a rain jacket. Big chance of storms tomorrow apparently.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Ugh sounds like Ballance could possibly come in for Bopara. If he does I'd assume he bats higher up the order than Bopara. Really against it. Too limited as an odi bat and they could end up with Taylor, Root and Ballance together in the order which isn't going to win any game. Sure it would be more secure and they'd get to 220-250 more often but rarely any more than that and Australia will knock those off with their eyes closed. It's a defensive move.

Be better off keeping Bopara at 7 and risking Buttler at 5. Tell Bopara to stop worrying about it and go out there and enjoy. If it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. Bringing Ballance into the team is a recipe for mediocrity.

Bring in Hales, or stay with Bopara. Either is better than Ballance imo.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Fail to see how Ballance could possibly be a worse option to Bopara tbf.
Because it will likely delay Morgan and Buttler the only two truly destructive players in the team getting to the crease. They'll get moved to 6 and 7. Taylor, Root and Ballance will occupy the crease at 3,4, and 5 and take up too many balls building an innings during the middle of the innings but won't have the capability at international level to really accelerate in the last 15.

anil1405

International Captain
Agree with that....it (bringing in Ballance in place of Bopara) would be more of a test batting lineup than an ODI.

Antihippy

International Debutant
I dunno, is ballance really that bad a choice? I thought his reputation initially was as a pretty aggressive batsmen?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Still a fan of Root as a finisher tbh. Though if someone were to come in at 3 and push the rest down I'd rather it were Hales.