• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Final - India v Sri Lanka

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
Change your username - he did jack ****
He played special knocks to get us to this final and has done more for the game than anyone! I would say his presence lifted the Indians. Damn Gambhir misses his hundred, oh well, should win easily ::)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh FFS. Dreadful.

Feel sorry for Jayawardena too, played one of the great ODI knocks but the rest of his team went to bed.
They didnt

The total was competitive, Malinga cleaned up Sehwag and Tendy, rest werent good enough

Beaten by a better team on the day

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Man I am getting disappointed by Sri Lanka... heads down, they've given up before it's over.

Malinga... temperament issues. Things aren't going his way so he becomes undisciplined.

Murali looks sad too. Maybe Brian Lara was right that once you get on top of Murali he tends to put his head down.

I mean seriously, in a World Cup final, to behave like that! Sri Lanka have given up before the end.

Needless shot Gautam. But even now Sri Lanka don't act as though that wicket changes anything.

INCREDIBLE COMEBACK BY INDIA THOUGH! Sri Lanka have been the more impressive team this tournament, but India deserve to win this match and the World Cup because they have a spine.

Last edited:

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
Throws away a hundred.
Really annoys me in a way. Seems people forget a special innings unless it was a 100. Gutted for him, wc final ton he thoroughly deserved. Although we have scored quite a few tons this world cup so ain't too bad I guess.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Man I am getting disappointed by Sri Lanka... heads down, they've given up before it's over.

Malinga... temperament issues. Things aren't going his way so he becomes undisciplined.

Murali looks sad too. Maybe Brian Lara was right that once you get on top of Murali he tends to put his head down.

I mean seriously, in a World Cup final, to behave like that! Sri Lanka have given up before the end.

Needless shot Gautam. But even now Sri Lanka don't act as though that wicket changes anything.

INCREDIBLE COMEBACK BY INDIA THOUGH! Sri Lanka have been the more impressive team this tournament, but India deserve to win this match and the World Cup because they have a spine.
Murali doesn't exactly have brilliant recent ODI form against India.

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain

I agree with all that except when you say SL has been more impressive than India. I mean they played England and NZ to get to the final, hardly box office stuff. India did it the hard way and came out playing well. SL might not have even made it to the final if they faced Australia then Pakistan.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I agree with all that except when you say SL has been more impressive than India. I mean they played England and NZ to get to the final, hardly box office stuff. India did it the hard way and came out playing well. SL might not have even made it to the final if they faced Australia then Pakistan.
A team that very nearly beat India...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
NZ beat Pakistan by well over 100 runs

SL belted NZ in the group games

OZ completely suck right now

SL are a lot better than all of them